episode 12

"i just don't think ayane is all that...like sure she's pretty, but she isolates herself and makes it seem like she's better than everyone, it honestly gets on my nerves."

"yeah, i agree. and those stupid looking bunny clips she wears crack me up, like what are you 5?!"

"honestly! it's embarrassing for her. like isn't she like 17? come on, like at least try and dress our age."

"and she's really flat chested, like there's nothing there."

"she has the body of a five year old too i guess~"

the two girls snickered, exiting the girls gym. they stopped in their spot when they saw the girl they had just spoiled in their conversation. ayane clenched her fists, knowing nothing more than to avoid eye contact of the malicious speaking women.

"sorry, ayane-chan! we didn't know you were right there. we would've been a tad more quiet~" the girl teased, a dirty grin lining her lips.

"bitch." the other girl murmured walking away, a barrage of laughter echoing her comment. ayane exhaled, tears lining her eyes. she reached up to her hair and unclipped her clips, staring at them in a different light. childish? is that what people thought of her? she gritted her teeth and chucked her clips on the ground, storming away to the dress room.

due to her emotions, ayane didn't notice the tall rooster head peering in the conversation from the other side of the hall. he scurried over and picked up her clips, his heart breaking seeing one of the clips split in half.

the quiet footsteps of kenma approached, his usual dull face catching a glimpse of the two clips gently cupped in kuroo's hands.

"....are those sakurai-san's clips?" he murmured, gently stroking the clips in his hands.

"some girls were making fun of her for them, something about them making her look like a child...oi, i guess she took it to heart~" kuroo sighed. kenma's brows furrowed,

"i didn't realize she was so sensitive..." kenma mumbled, "we should fix them. i'm sure she'll want them back." kenma stated. kuroo nodded in agreement, the two boys walking back to the bedroom quarters to attempt to fix her clips.

"ayane-chan, is something bothering you?" kiyoko asked gently, noticing the visual change in ayane's emotions.

"w-what, no! why would you think that?! i'm just a little...t-tired! that's all!" ayane immediately answered back, waving her hands in front of her face. kiyoko shot her a skeptical look, she knew ayane well after all.