[7] The Kindest Tentacruel

"Are you familiar with 'Moon Stone'?" The Fan Club president asked looking at them, "Yes, I am. It enables certain Pokémon to evolve. Like the other types of stones right?" The man nodded, "Then you must know that these stone disappear after one use, right?" [y/n] nodded, while Yellow responded with a 'yes'. "Somewhere, they say, are four very special stones that do not lose their power even after enabling a Pokémon to evolve. Many people have wanted them for a long time. And according to local legend. Those very four stones lie.... At the bottom of Vermilion Harbor!" He exclaimed with excitement.

Yellow had a confused look. "And...?" She asked, "What connection does this have with Red?" The man fell to the ground, 'Is Red the only thing this child thinks about?' He thought to himself, "Well, Yellow, the connection is this... four years most people laughed off the elven of those stones... until, two years ago, something happened that changed their minds. All thanks to Red!" This caught the attention of the two.

"At the time of the incident, Red had just arrived at the sea with his Poliwhirl. The Poliwhirl saved his life then, after quite suddenly... becoming a Poliwrath!!" He remembered when Red was drowning and got saved by his Poliwrath.

"So I got to thinking maybe Poliwhirl encountered something in the water that evolved it... maybe those four stones of evolution do lie at the bottom of the sea!"

"Anyway, after that Red went on to battle Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket, and..."

"So they could be lying right down there.... The keys to the power of evolving!" Yellow cheered looking at the water. "Pika, [y/n]!" She suddenly yelled their names. "Pi!"

"Off we go!" Yellow cheered, holding Kitty. The two of them walked with Pika by their legs. The man fell to the ground in disbelief, "Wait! You two aren't thinking of getting those stones?! They're supposed to be inside a heavily guarded sanctuary! You can't just waltz in there!!" He yelled, "Are you listening to me?!" He screamed on the top of his lungs.

"Well, if you must go... here's a little present! Just let me in on it when you find 'em, okay?" He said while holding the coins he had picked up, "...Huh?"

The two girls ran off already, excited to start their search of the stones. "Thanks for the information sir! We're off to find them now!" [y/n] thanked while waving.

"And maybe they'll give us a hunt that will lead us to Red!!" Yellow added.

Yellow was sitting on a floaty, "Well.... I am glad that old man told me about this... but I wish he'd told me there'd be so many Tentacool!!" She yelled out after seeing that she was surrounded. "Why do they keep coming? Are they telling me no to trespass? I hip Omny's all right. I wonder how [y/n]'s doing?" She thought.

While [y/n] was going around under the water, her powerful Pokémon using Dive. She was looking around for the stones she came across a small Tentacool that was trapped under a boulder.

"Quaquaval, please help us out!" [y/n] commanded, Quaquaval looked forwards and kicked the boulder with a powerful kick. Destroying the stone and setting the Tentacool free. As soon as she did that she realized she might've been underneath the water for a little too long, her eyes started to close and she slowly started to fall.

When she awoke she was surrounded by a Tentacool, a Tentacruel and her Quaquaval. "Where am I? I can breathe! Why—?! How—!? I mean—" While [y/n] was slightly panicking, the Tentacool she saved and came up behind her, nuzzling against her side in thanks. "Oh, hello little one. I guessing you were the one behind my rescue. Thank you." [y/n] looked over her shoulder when she saw something shining in the background that was so bright that it hurt [y/n]'s eyes. She turned around and saw the pedestal that should've carried all the stones. "Is that.... An evolutionary stone?!" [y/n] asked in awe.

It glistened in the water, "This one looks like a Leaf Stone... just the one... the Flame, Thunder and Water stones are gone. Including the one that made Red's Poliwhirl evolve..." Tentacool had a sorry look and wrapped a leg around her arm. "That's okay. At least I got to see this incredible place. The legendary Vermilion underwater dome." She said in awe looking up at the water. She grabbed a camera and took an image from within the dome.

"By chance, have any of you seen a blonde girl with a hat and a Pikachu?"

"Cruel!"

"You mean the dome really exists?!" The old man yelled at [y/n]. "But three of the four stones are gone?!" He had an irritated look on his face. "RRRRRHHGH! And I was going to take them for myself secretly! It's not fair?"

"Well, we're going to get going." [y/n] said with a sheepish smile on her face. "What do you think happened to the stones sis?" She asked. [y/n] grinned, "Well theres a chance someone took all the stones because they wanted a specific Pokémon to evolve." Yellow looked at [y/n] before thinking for a few seconds, "An Eevee!"

"And a trainer who has one of those very rare Eevee's are?"

"Then could that mean Red was the one who took those stones from the ocean floor?!" Yellow asked. [y/n] nodded, "well. He took one of them." [y/n] said picking up the Leaf Stone that she found. "That's so cool!!"

"Come on, we have a ways to go."

The two looked at the waters in the night, they were more serious then ever. They needed to find and save Red.