[12] Putting it on the Line Against Arcanine

The four were nearing an island. "Pika! [y/n]! Dragonite! We've reached the next island!!" Yellow cheered in joy. The two landed on the island while Pika decided to rest on [y/n]'s head while Dragonite returned back to his ball.

"A volcano... it's magnificent... do you suppose it's active?" Yellow asked looking at the volcano, meanwhile [y/n] had a camera and was snapping a picture of it. "Nope. That volcano has been dormant for decades." The two turned around and saw a young boy, he looked around Yellows age. A little younger then [y/n], "Welcome to Cinnabar Island. I'm what you call a Junior Trainer." He informed them, his Haunter smiling at them from behind his Trainer.

"Isn't this were Blaine has his lab and Gym?" Yellow asked, looking up at the sky. "It is, which means that we probably won't find clues about finding Red... Blaine probably searched his own island thoroughly." [y/n] looked up at Pika. "Sorry Bud. Looks like we came here for no reason."

"Pi....."
"Hmm.... This one looks good. This one, no...." The Junior Trainer said to himself looking at the rocks he and Haunter were picking up. "What are you doing?"

He looked up from his work, "Hm? Oh. A friend of min asked me to help him train for a Pokémon battle."

"Training?"

The boy led them to the top of the volcano were there was a bridge. "Yup. Here's where we do it..."

"Waaahhh!"

"And that is the guy who's doing it!" The two looked towards a man who was walking on the bridge, he had a tall but skinny frame and looked pretty decent for a man his age. He has no hair on the top of his head, but more so around the back. He noticed the young boy, "Okay! Give me your best."

The Junior Trainer and his Haunter nodded. "You asked for it!" They both pulled their arms and hand back and started spinning in a comedic way before throwing it straight at the old man who was standing in the middle of the bridge. "Who." [y/n] said impressed. Behind the old man a shadow figure appeared, the Pokémon slammed the rocks away with a ridiculously large spoon. "Hey Arcanine! After I throw... Ember!"

Haunter started throwing rocks again, and Arcanine let out an Ember. "Balls of fire! And so many! He can't move sideways on that narrow bridge.... And if he loses his balance, he's finished!" Yellow yelled out in concern. But the Pokémon from behind hit away all the rocks not allowing the old man to get hit. After he was finished, he returned his partner and started walking towards them. "Thanks. Here's a little something for today. I'll be counting on you again."

"Hey, it was a pleasure."

"We've heard that voice from somewhere before..... just were?" [y/n] asked. The three of them tilting their head. "You two want to come with me?" The old man asked looking at the three with a warm smile.

————

The four of them were standing in front of large metal doors, "This is my secret laboratory. It opens off the back of my gym." He explain while walking into the large lab. "Welcome to Cinnabar Gym.... [y/n], Yellow!"

Yellow leaned forwards, eyes wide. "!! How do you know our names?!"

The old man put on a lab coat, glasses and a fake mustache, and suddenly grabbed the hair that was on the back of his head and pulling it off. "Y-you're Blaine!" Yellow exclaimed, [y/n] took the wig and looked at it. "A disguise?" [y/n] asked, looking at the wig. Yellow and Pika both looked at the wig as well. "I never know who might be watching me...." Blaine started seriously. "Plus.... We'll.... I burnt my real mustache during a flame training accident." He said with a sheepish look while rubbing the back of his head.

Pika and Yellow both fall onto the ground in disbelief in a comedic way.

The three continued to look around, "Your timing is perfect. I just happen to have received a message from Brock. But since we may be bugged, we have to keep it short." Blaine said before answering the call. "Blaine here."

"Blain!" Brock yelled, "Around the far side of Mount Moon.... I've seen Red!"

This caused everyone in the room to yell out in surprise, "WHAT—!?"

"What?! Is he all right!?" [y/n] asked leaning forwards, "Frankly....! I don't know! You see... he was here... but he isn't now!" Brock rubbed the back of his head, feeling kind of sheepish about the whole situation.

"He was there?"

The four looked at each other confused.

"Well.... I was exploring the are behind Mount Moon... when..."

Brock then explained about a large pit he had found. Then explained how he went down into the pit with the help of his Geodude's. Then explained the most important part.

An ice figure of Red, but the back being broken.