𝟏. 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲

Warning this chapter contains: Violence

"Māma, I'm here!" I shout walking inside of my parent's fast-food restaurant, Imperial Wok

"Mei Qi, your mother's at the salon today." my dad says from behind the counter.

I let out a little sign at the use of my Mandarin name before I make my way behind-the-counter.

"Hey, Bàba I brought some matcha tea from home so that you can share with everyone." I say kissing him on the cheek before passing him the container.

"Ahh thank you, my daughter now hurry long your mother waiting for you. Also a snack for you." He says kissing my cheek and then placing a paper bag in my hand.

"Thank you Bàba." I say smiling before making my way from behind the counter. "I'll see you at home bái bái."

Walking out the door I grab my keys from off my pants and unlock the doors to my baby. Getting inside I close my door and place the food on my passenger seat.

"Now to the Salon." I say out loud to myself.

It's my off day today but I usually pop up at my parent's just to check on them while they are working.

Buckling myself I start my car and take off down the street. Now I'm not going too fast cause I don't want to be pulled over.

It takes me about a good 10 minutes to get to my mom's nail salon, 'Silk & Blossom Nail Spa'.

Getting out of my car I reach for the tea and lunch bag I got for her and make my way to the shop.

"Hello ladies, Māma I come baring gifts." I say walking inside.

"Hey, Jade." the customers say as I walk over to my mom's nail station.

"Mei Qi, why did you bring me something?" she questions speaking in Mandarin.

"I brought you some lunch to eat because you didn't eat breakfast. I also made you some matcha tea." I say placing the food and tea on her little side table.

Leaning down I place a kiss on her cheek before looking at the nails she was doing.

"Looking good Ms.E that orange looks good on you." I say complimenting the orange ombre nails she had going on.

"Thanks, girl you know your mom does only the best nail work besides you." she says making me smile and giving her a brief side hug.

You see half the people that come in the salon I know them all. They've been coming to this salon since I was younger.

"Mei Qi where are you going now." my mother asks as I start heading back out the door after waving at everyone.

"I'm going to the Toretto's to hang out for a little bit. Then I'm going to Diamond's Aunt's Salon. Don't wait up for me tonight okay I might be home late." I say rushing out the door before she could get a chance to yell at me.