12- Training

"Katie! Hurry up, we need to go!" I shouted from the kitchen, grabbing my training bag. "I'm here!" She said, struggling to carry her bag. I chuckled slightly and took it off her. She grabbed her keys, and we left, making sure to lock the door.

She opened her boot, and I threw both bags in. The weather looked horrible today, so I made sure to put extra layers on, unlike Katie, who never seemed to get cold. "How are you not cold?" I asked, rubbing my hands together. She reached for the AC to turn it up at the same time I did. Are hands brushed together slightly. She smiled before moving her hand back to the steering wheel.

About 5 minutes later, I glanced in her direction and saw she only had one hand on the steering wheel, and the other was resting on her thigh. God, that was hot. I made a small noise, causing her to turn to me. I looked away, embarrassed, and she chuckled. "Take a picture it lasts longer, you know," she said, turning into the carpark. "Oh shut up," I said, punching her arm lightly.

We walked into the changing room, still laughing and joking. I only had to put my boots on and grab my water bottle, so I left again pretty quickly. I was walking down the corridor when I ran into viv. "Hey!" She said before pausing. "Umm, come with me." She said, dragging me into an office. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and texted someone.

"Viv? What's going on?" I asked before Beth burst through the door with a makeup bag. "Look in the mirror." She smiled, giving me a small mirror. "What?" I asked, confused. "Your neck!" Beth practically shouted. "Shut it!" Viv said, hitting her lightly. I looked at the very obvious line of hickeys that Katie had left running down my neck. I was going to kill that woman.

Viv handed me some concealer and helped me cover them up. "Thank you," I said, embarrassed. "You might want to
get Katie in here as well..." Beth giggled. They both left me in the office on my own. I texted Katie.

E- Get your ass into office 23 now.
K- ???
E- Hurry up.

I heard her walk down the corridor and open the door slowly. "Whats the matter?" She asked, confused. I held back a giggle as I looked at the right side of her neck. Hers was much worse than mine. I handed her the mirror, and when she finally realised she looked like she wanted to kill me. She snatched the concealer and attempted to cover them up.

"Can you help, please?" She huffed. I followed the line that went down into the neckline of her shirt. "Are there any underneath? Because I'm in the gym today, I need them covered." She asked. I cautiously lifted her shirt up. "Yeah, there's a few," I said, giggling. She pulled her shirt off and looked at her chest in the mirror. "Really, Ellie! I told you that you would be the death of me!" She said laughing. I dabbed some concealer over the marks with my hands, "There all done!" I said proudly.

We walked into the gym where Jonas waited, unimpressed. "I hope you two weren't killing each other again!" He said, rolling his eyes. "No, sir." I said quickly, sitting down at the back embarrassed. Today, we were just doing some exercises in the gym and finding out what worked best for us. Jonas put us all into groups, I was with katie, gio, leah, alessia, and beth.

When it was out turn to train weights, we turned it into a challenge of who could lift the most. Leah stopped at 70 pounds, beth and alessia stopped at around the same time and shortly after so did gio. It slowly turned into a battle between me and Katie to see who could lift the most, there was a crowd forming and cheering us on. Katie struggled to lift 100 pounds, her arms were shaking and her breathing was unsteady as she lifted the weight back up and rested it on the shelf she gave me a cocky grin before I added 10 more pounds to either side grinning back.

Everyone starting clapping and cheering me on as I finally lifted the weight back up and rested it on the shelf like katie had done a few minutes prior. "I give up! if i lift anymore I'm going to squash myself!" katie said laughing in disbelief.

After we finished training everyone headed to the car park to go home. We got into Katie's car after saying goodbye to all of the girls and I let out a sigh. "you ok?" she questioned tapping my arm. "yeah just tired, i could do with a drink actually!" I said smiling. "I'll ask the girls if they want to do something at the weekend but for now we're going home it's late" katie said yawning.

As katie pulled out of the car park I pressed the button to turn on the radio. 22 by Taylor Swift was soon filling the car. Katie gave me a slight look. "i remember this song" i said laughing. "from my first day here when I pissed you off and beth dragged you away" i chuckled. "I actually love this song" katie admitted turning it up and we both started singing along.

I opened the door to our apartment and threw my bags on the floor. I walked over to the sink and got a glass of water as katie came in looking very sorry for herself. "what happened?" I asked raising and eyebrow as I noticed the wet patch on the side of her body. "well apparently theres some black ice in our carpark and I was running and slipped." katie whined annoyed. "stop whining" I laughed emptying the rest of my water in the sink.

"listen can we talk? its important?" katie asked brushing her legs off. "uhh sure! I've just got to go to the shops first to get us some dinner but we can talk when I'm back?" I asked pulling my coat back on and fixing my hair. "oh, yeah no that's fine" katie said looking at the floor. I put my hand on the door handle to let myself out before katie put her hand on my back. I turned around confused. "be safe ok?" she said softly. "I will" i said smiling before leaving.

I drove the short distance to the nearest Tesco and grabbed a few bits for the cupboards including dinner. I signed a few things for fans and took a few pictures before heading home.

It was dark now, I drove down the main road and shuddered slightly as I turned the radio on. I hated this part of the road, theres a ditch either side. I yawned and rubbed my eyes, I slowed down at the T junction for the red light and tapped my fingers on the steering wheel.

The light turned orange then green as I pulled out glancing left then right. I blinked then saw headlights coming towards the left side of my car. I heard the screech of my brakes as I skidded and screwed my eyes shut bracing myself for the impact...

An:
I cant believe that england aren't going through to the Olympics! Dont get me wrong ofc I'm happy for the Dutch girls (especially viv!) but I really wanted england to go through. Amazing goal from beth tho! what were your thoughts on the game? x

(sorry this chapter took so long to come out!)