11. 편안

Meeting Zhang Hao had never really happened for Matthew even though his best friend slash roommate was basically 'seeing' him. One reason is Hanbin always looked for when Matthew wouldn't be there so that they wouldn't have to worry about the noises, but well. Not every day needed to be about that, so he asked Hao to come to his place, especially so that he could talk to Matthew. The younger, of course, agreed with a smile. From what he heard from Hanbin, he could tell Zhang Hao was a fun guy. He really needed some humour in his life at that moment.

And the Chinese guy didn't disappoint. The moment he walked in, the whole place lit up. He treated Matthew like an old friend. And he was really funny, cute, friendly- Matthew could see what hooked his best friend so much to the Chinese male. It was the overall aura Hao radiated. On top of that, he was crazy handsome!

"Matthew, you left early during the party night, I didn't even get to meet you." Hao said, after he had gotten comfortable. They were all sitting on different couches in the living room. Matthew had his legs folded, it was a habit of his, to get tiny anywhere, anytime. Jiwoong would usually be his frame, but well, that wasn't gonna happen for a while. So he sat there, looking like an unoccupied pocket sized fluff ball.

"They left to get back home as early as possible." Hanbin side eyed his friend, his tone giving away the obvious try to tease.

"You guys blocked all the rooms, so we had to." Matthew shrugged, making Zhang Hao laugh. "You can't win Hanbin ah, we all are guilty of the same crime."

Matthew liked the way Hao took things. He had a brilliant way of making everything easy and fun. Hanbin was initially in a different couch, but as they talked, he moved to sit next to Hao. Matthew's eyes didn't miss that. He shuffled, then said, "But you guys, it's kinda uncanny how you look so well together."

Hanbin put an arm around Hao, "We do?" He looked at the elder, and for a split second, the universe stopped for Hao. What if they actually were together, romantically, not just physically.

"Cause we're kinda similar." He said, "Everything about us, right, hyung?"

"Yeah." Hao smiled, explaining to Matthew, "People say, we're twins. Like our heights, interests, looks- everything's nicely in phase."

"Really?" Matthew tried checking, "um... But you're very different though? Hao hyung looks sweet and fun while Hanbin hyung is... Kinda naughty."

"Yah!" Hanbin scolded, making the younger giggle harder. "I'm also sweet and fun, what are you saying?"

"Oh really?" Hao teased, but toned it down later cause it would get inappropriate otherwise.

"So, Matthew, how's it going with you guys?" Hao asked, "I heard the shooting had started already?"

"Hm.." Matthew sunk in his own frame a little, making a cocoon of Jiwoong's large hoodie that he borrowed to wear.

"It's hectic, right?" Hao said, "I have an actor friend back in China, we literally talk like once a year, he's a busy person."

"But Jiwoong hyung calls him whenever he has time." Hanbin said, trying not to bring up the unpleasant topic, but Matthew had already gotten into it, "It is", the younger sighed, "I mean, I know he tries a lot. But it's just... Not the same. We can't meet, we can't talk properly- there are so many things I think of telling him everyday, but when he calls, there's just not enough time."

Hanbin looked at Hao, making a face like 'why would you say that?' but Hao listened carefully. Matthew had stuffed a lot of words inside, it's better to let some out before it takes turn for the worst.

"I know, it's not anyone's fault. We propably were too attached to each other. With time, maybe, things will get better." Matthew sighed, "I only hope that my stupid emotions don't get in his way of success one day."