22. 얘기

Karma is a bitch. Sung Hanbin might not have believed it years ago, but being on the receiving end, he understood it far too well.

Because Zhang Hao hadn't gotten any better. It's like his heart's tied with stone, he kept ignoring the younger. Hanbin tried going to his house, tried visiting his uni, calling or texting even waiting hours for him, but he didn't soften at all. As if Hanbin had never mattered to him, like he was invisible. Hanbin knew it was payback. As much as it hurt, he couldn't do anything about it.

He would have given up, but decided to do one last thing before that. And the opportunity was created by his own friend, Gyuvin. After a lot of convincing, with Ricky's help, Kim Gyuvin managed to arrange a party and invited both Hanbin and Zhang Hao; in order to create the same setting where they met for the first time, hoping it would bring some spark and make them reconcile.

Ricky's place wasn't as huge as Hao's, so there was a small room where everyone gathered. Hanbin walked in very casual clothing. He wasn't looking for any random night stand, so he kept the ornamentation to a minimum. His eyes looked for Zhang Hao, who was spotted pretty soon. Hao had also worn something decent, unlike the daring crop top Hanbin first saw him in. By his side stood Kim Taerae, looking as good as always. Hanbin felt a strike in his chest. Everything began because he chose to hurt Taerae.

"Hanbin hyung, hey?" Gyuvin came upon seeing his friend.

"Oh, Gyuvin. Hi." Hanbin forced a smile.

"Wanna go and talk to him?" Asked the younger.

"Even if I do that, he'll simply ignore me. So, no. I'll wait till he notices me. For now, let me just- have this first." He showed a glass of whiskey. Gyuvin shrugged, "Alright, as you wish."

"Thanks though." Hanbin said. Gyuvin nodded in acknowledgement and walked away. His small mission as cupid had a branch as well. For which, he called his roommate to the party as well. Park Gunwook chose to wear all black, his hair was brushed back, giving him a rather fierce look. Like Hanbin his eyes were also on Hao and his friend, but his concern was that very friend, who looked absolutely stunning in that short jacket and skin tight jeans. Both Gunwook and Hanbin stood far away from each other, but in their hearts they had the same desire- to talk and make things work.

Zhang Hao First noticed Hanbin when he felt eyes on him. It's not unusual, he had always been the center of attention. But the stare was unusual, uncomfortable. It wasn't the way he felt being checked out, rather, his soul seeemd to be exposed. Like he was being read all throughout. Gathering a lot of courage, therefore, he looked at the source and the grip on his jaw tightened. There Hanbin was, sipping whiskey and staring at him. Hao felt shivers run through him. He knew that gaze, that look. Hanbin looks sacry when he's mad.

So he turned back and looked away. Doing it so sleekly that even Taerae failed to notice.

They kept talking, Hao even took beer for himself. He was engaged in a fun conversation with his friend, but his mind was elsewhere.

Was Hanbin still looking at him? Did he finish that glass? Was he planning on going with someone else or-

Hao turend his head to see. Hanbin was still enjoying his whiskey, looking at Hao from time to time.

"Hyung, what's up?" Taerae asked, upon noticing the lack of attention his hyung was giving him.

"Oh, nothing." Hao turned, and got back to talk to his friend.

But he was still curious, and restless. He himself didn't know why. He was doing pretty good at avoiding Hanbin before. Was it because of the party? The environment? The fact that they were both drinking and losing their minds and that they'd probably end up with others?