23. 노래방

Gunwook had always been a good observer. Even under difficult situations, he had been clam and observant, oftentimes finding solutions faster than expected. It didn't take a genius in him to realize that the guy he had eyes on, Kim Taerae was upset. He was debating on whether to approach the guy or let him be for the time being, but seeing how fast Taerae had finished the drink in hand, he decided to interrupt. So when Taerae refilled the glass, Gunwook held his hand before taking that to his lips. Annoyed, the former guy looked up; he was pretty surprised to see the younger male.

"What are you doing here?"

Gunwook didn't answer directly. Pretending to think, he asked, "So either Zhang Hao or Sung Hanbin... Who is it?"

"What?"

"The one who makes you frown so much." Gunwook said, "My bet's on Hao hyung though. Seeing him going after Hanbin hyung like that, you must feel down."

"Like you know anything at all." Taerae mumbled on his own, but he was a tad bit louder than he thought. So Gunwook heard it. With a chuckle, he asked, "So, Sung Hanbin then? Right? Is it a recent crush or was he an ex?"

"Leave me alone." Taerae said upon utter annoyance. He was about to drink again, but Gunwook held his hand firmly.

"What's your problem? What do you want?"

"First let it go." Gunwook calmly said. Knowing he was stronger, Taerae let go of the glass. Gunwook kept it aside, then said, "You really wanna know what I want from you?"

The elder stayed quiet.

"Follow me then." The other said. Taerae didn't even get a chance to hesitate, well, he probably wouldn't even if he was given a chance. Gunwook brought him outside, then a few steps, and he found a good spot right by the quiet street. He took a seat, asked for Taerae to join. Sitting down, the latter asked, "Why did you bring me here?"

"No reason." Gunwook smiled, "But ain't it better than that chaotic party?"
He leaned and whispered in Taerae's ears, "The party was hella boring anyway."

Taerae couldn't but chuckle. Gunwook had that in him, to make anyone feel at ease. However, his smile was replaced with a sigh soon. Gunwook noticed, hence asked, "So, mind telling me now?"

"There's nothing to say."

"But you had a history with Sung Hanbin, right?"

Lying would get him nowhere. So Taerae gave him a nod.

"Is it bad?" The younger asked, "Or do you still like him?"

"Let's just say, it's a bitter memory."

"Okay." Gunwook kept the curiosity to himself. He figured out a good portion of it though. He knew why Taerae had been off lately. Of course, who likes to see his close friend with some sort of past nemesis?

"Hyung?" Gunwook asked a while later. The elder hummed.

"Wanna do something fun?"

"Like?" Taerae asked, being all skeptical. Gunwook only grinned as he stood up. He offered his hand which the other hesitantly took. They walked along the street for a while, then the younger called a taxi.

"Where the hell are we going?"

"You'll see." Gunwook said, and then hopped on. Taerae once thought of turning around and going back to the party house, but he also wanted to run away from all the heartaches. Therefore, he took the risk. He took the seat by Gunwook.

And in no time, they were standing outside the door to a popular karaoke place.

"You like to sing, right?" Gunwook asked, eyes glittering in excitement, "Let's sing our hearts away, hyung."