Psycho P.4

It was dark and nearly impossible to see in your chambers. You couldn't sleep and tossed restlessly on your bed.  After much thought, you decided to wonder around to familiarize yourself with the castle. Being completely familiar with this place my save your life someday. Getting up from the bed and fixing your hair, you lit a candle for some light. 

Making your way through the hallways you saw a dim light from under one of the heavy doors. Creeping beside it you stood to listen to see if anyone was awake.

"Do you think she's pretty?" you heard a voice say that had a hint of jealously in in.

"Of course I do. I'm not blind" you heard Ramsay reply.

This was Ramsay's chamber. You knew you should leave this chamber alone but at the same time you wanted to hear what they were saying. They spoke low at some points making it hard to hear.

"Jealousy bores me, Myranda" he said in a threatening tone. "Do you know what happens when I get bored?"

This Myranda girl must be his lover. She sounds mad with jealously and Ramsay seems overly annoyed. Surely they were discussing your presence at the castle and Myranda didn't like it.

"Do you hear something?" you heard her say.

As quickly and quietly as possible, you hurried back down the hallway to your chamber and shut the door. Your breathing must be louder than you thought. Blowing out the candle you returned to your bed.

He has a lover. The Gods only know how long they have been together. Did he actually love her or was he just using her? This was going to be harder than you had thought. Another girl in the picture meant competition. What was she like? How did she act around Ramsay? What did Ramsay like about her? You felt a hint of jealousy yourself but quickly rid yourself of the emotion. This man was terrorizing the North and you were starting to have actual feelings for him.

A light knock on the door broke you from your thoughts. You brought the covers close to your head and laid there silently. You shouldn't be awake at this hour so you knew better than to answer the knock. The door slowly opened causing you to stiffen. The person stood at the door for a few minutes before shutting in again and walking down the hallway. 

That mus have been Ramsay. After Myranda had heard something, he must have went out to search for someone spying. 

~~~~~The next morning~~~~~

You had awoken to the sounds of birds outside of your window. It was daylight and seemed to be a beautiful day outside. Leaning up on your elbows, you noticed a generous meal on your table. You hadn't heard anyone come in the room after last night.  Walking to the table you see that there is no note or any signs on who it could have been. Settling down at the table you began to eat quickly. You were starving and didn't realize how hungry you actually were. 

The door swung open.

"My high born ward!" Ramsay announced in proud manner.  

You stopped eating and stood.

"Lord Ramsay" you greeted with a small bow.

"All that is not needed. Please sit and enjoy. Just call me Ramsay" he said with a large smile across his face.

He wanted to be on a first name basis. It was strange not calling a Lord by his title. You sat back down and he sat across the table from you.

"We need to talk, dear" he still kept his smile on his face. 

You began to feel a bit nervous at what he would say but refused to show any fear. You sat down your knife and fork looking him in the eye.

"What would you like to talk about?" you asked him with a curious tone.

~~~To be continued~~~