Psycho P.8

"Why would he put a woman in charge...let alone you?" Rodrik asked sinking back into his chair. 

This was strange. You hadn't had much interaction with Ramsay to justify him killing your enemies and giving you their land. He may want something in return and you needed to be prepared to give it. 

"Regardless of what happens this is a strong opportunity for our house" your mother said. 

"He may be after ironwood weapons. More than we could possibly make" Royland suggested. 

You remained silent. If Ironwood weapons were what he needed, your house would just have to work a lot harder. 

"I don't know anything about running a house" you spoke up interrupting the talk about you. 

"You clearly mean something to this man." Your mother said "Keep doing what ever it is your doing. We will not let you fend for yourself in a strange area"

Your mother always knew what to say to make you feel better. Convincing the remaining Whitehill men to actually fight for you would be another story. But with Ludd and his family gone the strong threat to your family had disappeared as well. 

"Lets just hope this isn't a trap to crush our family as well" Rodrik suddenly said.

Rodrik was always the one that kept the family from getting ahead of themselves. He seemed more outgoing and lighthearted since returning home from the war but his constant suspicion hadn't left him. 

"I'll do everything in my power to keep that from happening." you promised him. 

With your father gone and Asher across the sea you had to work hard with Rodrik to fight for the future of your house. 

A loud laugh from outside the doors caused instant silence around the table. The sound of many foot steps and the opening of the door caused you all to stand. Ramsay had walked in dressed in all black and eyes wild. He was still very high from all of the fighting. 

"Rodrik!" he yelled with enthusiasm in his voice.

"Welcome back to Ironrath, Lord Snow" Rodrik greeted not taking the serious expression away from his face.

"The Forresters always have the best manners" he smiled stopping in front of the table. He looked over at you. "I assume that you have gotten the letter that I sent?" 

"Yes, my Lord. You have given me a great honor" you bowed before him.

"There's no need for any of that. I just need you all to do a favor for me in return" he continued "I need Ironwood. The same that you had been supplying the Starks with for years" 

There it was. He needed weapons. Stannis had been plotting an attack and the Boltons needed as many weapons and shields as they could get their hands on.

"This will not be a problem" you told him "We have the finest craftsmen in all of Westeros".

"I know you do. I know you won't let me down. Now if you all could give us a moment alone" he said looking at the rest of your family.

With little resistance your family removed themselves from the hall and closed the doors behind them. It was now just you and Ramsay in the hall.

"Are you happy now?" Ramsay suddenly asked. "I've flayed your enemies and protected your family. Does this make you happy?"

You stared at him for a moment before answering. "Yes. My family has had a moment of peace and that is more than I could ever ask for"

Ramsay wore a smile that actually looked real for the first time since you had known him. Your heart began to pound. He was a murderer and a madman but you couldn't help but feel actual feelings toward him. 

"Why is your face getting so red?" he asked. "Are you getting ill?"

"No"

"No?"

"I'm just a bit nervous" you told him.

He began to slowly walk closer to you which caused your heart rate to spike. You wouldn't sure if you were nervous of how close he was or nervous he may harm you. Reaching a hand out his pushed a strand of hair behind your ear. 

"You're very brave for a woman" he whispered staring into your eyes.

"I'm not that brave. I just don't feel afraid around you" you said back which caused tiny reaction across his face. 

Slowly he brought his lips over yours and gently applied some pressure. Pulling away just as fast as it started he looked down.

"I don't want to hurt you" he half laughed. 

"I know you won't" you reaching your hand out toward him. Looking up he still looked unsure but he took your hand in his rough one and continued to stare at you. 

~~~To be continued~~~