Chapter 5

I woke up on the floor with blankets surrounding me. I sat up with one eye open. My mother was sleeping peacefully on the couch, and Spencer was..well she wasn't around. I had no idea where she was. Where could she be?

I stood up from the floor, and at the same time, Spencer stood up from behind the counter.

"Why were you behind the counter?"

She tapped her phone on her hand with a sigh. She motioned me towards the office and I followed her.

She closed the doors and asked me,

"Do you remember Sarah Harvey?"

"Vaguely." I cross my arms. "Wasn't she the one down in the dollhouse too?"

"Yeah, and she believes that Andrew isn't A. Isn't that ridiculous?"

I stared at Spencer, and she raised an eyebrow.

"Isn't that crazy Kendall?"

"Not really Spence. I'm on her side. I don't believe its Andrew either."

"Why not? Do you think its someone else?"

"Yes." I say.

"Well, who?"

"I, I don't know."

"Well, we have to figure it out." Spencer left the room an I followed her to the kitchen. We saw our mother fold up the blankets.

"Good morning girls."

"Morning." We say in unison.

"Now, I have some errands to run. You girls okay with being by yourselves for a couple of hours?"

"Mom we will be fine." Spencer says.

My mom smiled at her and then looked at me concerned. "Kendall? I know you don't like being alone but-"

"I'll be fine." I tell her assuringly.

"Good. Okay see you girls in a bit." She went upstairs, and Spencer and I were alone in the kitchen.

"So, when are you moving back in with Toby?" I ask taking the egg carton out of the fridge.

Spencer went into the fridge, and got bacon out. "'Mom thinks its best for me to stay here until they find the real A."

"Oh." I say cracking the eggs onto a pan. As Spencer was laying out the bacon on a pan beside me, she asked,

"How are you and Mike?"

"Fine." I simply say. Even though we weren't on good terms. He was still pissed about me running out on him, and I was doing my best to avoid him. Yes, he has called me and texted me to make sure I was okay. Every Time he asked if we could hang out I would deny it by making some sort of absurd lie.

Later that day, I heard the door knock. I went over to the back door and opened it. Mike smiled there.

"Hey." He says.

"Hi."

He went up to me and hugged me. "I missed you."

"Yeah." I whisper. He lets go and looks at me in the eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing is wrong." I close the door behind him, and walk into the kitchen.

"You know, you've been different." He sat down on a stool beside the counter as I poured a glass of juice across from him.

"How so?"

"Well, you haven't been talking much, and you talk all the time." He chuckled, though I didn't find that amusing.

"Mike, do you know where've I been the past couple of weeks?"

He didn't answer me.

"I have been isolated in a prison cell, with barely anything to eat or drink. I have been tortured. So yeah, it changed me."
I put the carton of juice back in the fridge, and when I turned around Mike clenched his jaw.

"You know, none of this would have happened if I just went with you."

"Are you kidding me? It would have been worse. Not only would I have been missing, but you would have been killed."

"I wouldn't have been killed." He said assuringly.

"Mike, think about this. I would have brought you to an address, an address that was the location of where the other girls were-"

"Tyler State Park." Mike interrupts.

"Yeah. Your memory is pretty solid, so if you got out of there alive, then you would obviously tell the police. A wouldn't want that, so A would most likely kill you."

"Well you know what? Sorry I was over protective?"

"Protective?" I laugh. "Mike the pass couple of years you have been everything but protective. Something bad happens every time you and I are together. Like you being A, you setting fire to the barn I was in, you trying to save me in the woods yet I would still get cut or stabbed or something. You put me in more danger than ever."

"How did you know about the fire?"

"Its easy to put puzzle pieces together." I say.

"Well do you think I did it on purpose?? Without me, you would be in a coffin right now." He started to raise his voice.

"Maybe I would who knows? I could have been in a coffin because of that fire, but thank goodness that I only burned my leg." I softly say. There was a silence that surrounded the room.

I breathed in deeply. Choosing my next couple of words carefully. "Maybe we should stop."

"Yeah, lets stop arguing. Wanna go to the Brew and grab a coffee or something?" Mike asks.

"I mean lets stop dating for a while."

"What Kendall?"

"You're right, that stupid dollhouse has changed me. It Made me realize a lot about whats happening and whats going on. I don't want you part of it. Not anymore. You don't understand anything, you try to help but it fails. I can't do this anymore. This A problem has to be over for us to continue." I say softly.

Mike looked at me with anger, sadness, and guilt. He walked out slamming the door behind him.

I sat down on the couch, and looked at the text I got on my phone yesterday.

Break up with him. Things will only get worse if you don't. -A

I heard Spencer walk down the stairs.

"Kendall?"

"Mike and I broke up." I say shutting off my phone and walking up the stairs.

"Are you okay?"

"Just fine." I say sarcastically walking up to my room.

A/N: hey guys, here is a little filler chapter. Btw, to clear up confusion, The girls know about Charles, but Kendall still "doesn't know".

Kisses -E