Chapter 9

Kendall's POV

I walked inside my house and sat down on my couch. I stared at the unlit fireplace in front of me. I thought about all that information I burned in there and How it could have helped and how it was the dumbest move I have ever made.

Now I know everything. Well, I know everything the girls knew about Charles. I can't believe they kept that vital piece of information from me. Spencer claims she was just trying to protect me, but I don't need protecting. And did they really think that they could keep this from me? They had to know I would find out eventually, right? There was so much information just swarming in my head, it started to give me a headache.

I took out my phone and started typing.

Are you busy tonight?

It wasn't very long until I got a text back.

Nope. Why?

Wanna come over? I typed.

Sure

I stood up from the couch, and went upstairs. I took a shower, because I still felt like I had the dust from Radley clung onto me. When I got out, I got into clothes that was a bit comfier than what I was wearing before, but presentable enough for company.

I walked barefooted downstairs, and saw the wine cabinet. I went towards it and took a bottle out. Once I set it on the island counter, there was a knock on the back door.

I walked over and opened it.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." Mike answered back.

I left the door to go back to the bottle of wine on the counter. I stabbed a bottle opener into the cork, and Mike gave me a look.

"What?" I asked.

He closed the door. "Nothing, I just didn't know you drank, well except for that one time you got crazy drunk.."

"I usually don't drink." I tell him while taking wine glasses out of the cupboard. "But when I get stressed or anxious," I pour the wine into the glasses, and slid one over to Mike. "I drink."

I chugged down the whole glass and poured another.

"Why did you ask me to come over?" Mike questioned.

"I didn't feel like being alone tonight, and you were the first person I thought of."

There was a silence...until an hour later...

I reached over for the bottle on the coffee table, but I missed terribly. I tried again, and I grabbed it. I tried to pour more into the glass in my hand, but nothing came out.

"Another bottle empty." I slurred.

"We open another." Mike said giggling a little bit.

"Or." I said. I sat on his lap and started kissing him. He didn't refuse it, and started to kiss back.

"Wait, Ken.." Mike said as I kissed his neck.

"Mmhmm?"

"I am sober enough to.." He paused and tried to think. "To know this isn't right."

"Lets just make it one night Mike. Lets make it our little secret." I whispered.

"Ken, I am not going to take advantage of you. You are drunk and-"

"I am so not drunk." I told him. To prove it to him, I stood up. I started to walk on the straight line design on the carpet. But it didn't work out. Instead, I fell onto the couch.

"Ken. Your. Your drunk." Mike said. I could tell he wasn't that drunk. He had I think 2 or 3 glasses, while I on the other hand lost count after 6.

"Come on, lets get you to bed." He said, trying to help me up.

"No, I got it." I got up, and stumbled to the stairs. I tried to walk up one but I failed miserably by falling on my face.

Thats the last thing I vaguely remembered. I woke up that next morning, with a headache. I sat up, and went into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, and gargled mouthwash, just to be sure my breath still doesn't smell like alcohol. I walked out of the bathroom and realized that I probably left the empty bottle downstairs and my mom could have found out.

So I sprinted downstairs and stopped in the middle when I saw Mike standing there happily, putting freshly cooked bacon on a plate.

"Hey." I said walking down to him.

"Hi." He said. "Sleep well?"

"I guess."

"Well, I made bacon, cause who doesn't love bacon?"

"Thanks." I smile. "Um, did my mom come home and see the empty bottles?"

"No. I picked it up after you went to sleep. I put water in it, and put it back so it looks like you never touched it. And your mom tried to reach you. She said she was stuck in Philly and stayed over at a hotel. She won't be back until later this evening."

"Oh thank goodness." I said. "I was so scared about getting caught."

"Don't worry." Mike chuckled. "You're good."

Him and I smiled at each other. And then a question came to my mind.

"Why did you stay?"

"Why wouldn't I stay? Just cause we aren't a couple?"

I stayed silent.

Mike walked over and sat beside me at the island counter. "Kendall, I wasn't going to leave you alone, passed out drunk on your bed, especially with this whole Charles thing."

My eyes widen. "How do you know about Charles? You aren't suppose to know about Charles."

"Well, drunk you kind of told me last night."

"I did?!" I exclaimed. I put my elbows on the counter and leaned my forehead against my palms.

Mike then asked, "Whats the last thing you remember last night?"

"Falling down the stairs."

"Oh yeah, that was quite an adventure helping you up and into bed."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Thank you." I say. "For, helping me, for being here, and for not taking advantage of me."

"Ken, I would never take advantage of you." He grinned. He then opened his mouth and took a breath, like he was about to say something. Though He closed it right away.

"What?" I ask as he stands and goes to the otherside of the counter.

"Nothing." He shrugs.

"Mike." I say and walk over to him. "Tell me what you wanted to say."

He shook his head. "Kendall, no its embarrassing. I don't want to say it."

"Mike, you can tell me anything."

He faced away from the counter, and he turned completely towards me.

He parted his lips, and then closed them again as I stood there and waited.

"I'm still in love with you." He finally said. I stood in silence, and he laughed at himself. "See, I knew you wouldn't say it back, so its embarras-"

I interrupted him, by clashing my lips with his. After I pulled back, I simply hugged him and he hugged back.

"I'm still in love with you too." I whisper.

A/N: PLL IS FINALLY BACK ON TONIGHT!!!! Okay remember guys I won't be updating until next week. Comment and Vote <3