Chapter 22

My eyes were still shut tightly. I was still aware of my surroundings. I felt no pain. I slowly opened them and saw no blood around my body. But I heard the gun shot. It echoed throughout the whole warehouse. But, then again, I heard someone call my name. I look to my left, and see a body on the floor, with a puddle of blood surrounding them. They made silent groans, and minimal movements. I ran and knelt down by them, crying.

"No! Mike stay awake please don't close your eyes!" I scream with tears flooding down my face. I took my phone out and was about to dial 911 until paramedics came running into the warehouse. They were pushing me aside to get to Mike. I leaned against the wall and looked down at my dress. It had red patches all over the front of it and my hands were doused in blood.

Everything suddenly started to occur in slow motion. More paramedics were running inside and started coming towards me, asking if I was okay, if I had any injuries. But I ignored them. I just watched as they took Mike and put him onto the gurney taking him away.Thats when the slow motion stopped and I was in real time.

"Get him to the hospital!! Hurry up!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I stood and started to run forward towards him, but those two paramedics that were with me held me back. I'm pretty sure I elbowed one of them in the nose and kicked the other in the shin, which caused them to let go. I was free from their grasp, and as soon as I was, I sprinted. I ran down the stairs and as I did my shoes came off. I had police men try to take me and calm me, and I had even more paramedics try to come up to me. But I avoided all of them.

I finally reached the lower level and got outside. There in the process of putting him onto the ambulance, and I knew that was my chance to hop on. I ran towards the ambulance, and was stopped abruptly.

"You can't come in here." A paramedic said.

There was no time to argue with this guy, so I yelled at him,"Thats my boyfriend in there Someone who I love, someone who just saved my life. I am NOT letting him get into that hospital without me by his side! I KNOW he would do the same for me!"

The paramedic also knew that he was short on time, and motioned me to come into the ambulance.

I sat in the corner of the truck, watching as they tried to keep him stable enough until we reached the hospital. I watched as one of them pumped the air into his lungs, and another keeping his blood under control. They kept speaking, words that I probably could understand if my boyfriend wasn't the one who was on the gurney and it was some stranger.

We arrived at the hospital and the paramedics swung the doors open saying to the doctors waiting,

"Male age 17 GSW to the chest through and through BP 80/60 in the field and falling reporting with pulmonary hyper tension and severe blood lost." A paramedic running into the ER. I tried following him, but I was stopped right away by a police officer.

"Excuse me Miss, are you a witness to the shooting to the young male?"

"That young male has a name, Mike Montgomery, and yes I did and I know exactly who did it." I reply

*3 hours later*

I sat alone in the waiting room, feeling the dry tears on my cheeks, waiting for what seemed like forever. Byron Montgomery was across the waiting room, in the same position as I was. We were both becoming restless and didn't know what to think.

I heard my name being called. "Kendall." I look up, and Spencer, Aria, Emily and Hanna all come in. Aria walks over to her father first, while the rest come to me.

"How is Mike?" Hanna asks.

"We don't know. He's being operated on as we speak."

'Where's Ali?" I look around.

"At the police department." Emily rolls her eyes.

"Don't worry about Ali, What about you Kendall? Are you okay?" Spencer asked sitting down beside me.

"Physically I'm fine." I say. I feel my eyes start to water. " But,...My boyfriend was just shot and it was all my fault."

"Cece was the one who shot him Kendall, it wasn't your fault." Emily kneels down in front of me.

"No Emily. If I never went to that stupid warehouse and just listened to him, then he would have never had to follow me and then take the bullet for me. His family probably hates me and once he gets out of that O.R he will hate me too.

"He took the bullet for you because he loves you Kendall. And my dad doesn't hate you, he understands that you were trying to be a hero, and then Mike tried to save you. He knows this is all because of love." Aria said, tearing up.

"Well what about your Mom?" I ask.

"We have been trying to call her but we have no idea where she is." She sits down beside me.

"Have you spoken to the police about all of this Kendall?" Spencer asked me.

"Of course I have. They know every single detail on what happened in that warehouse."

"And they know every single detail on what happened at Radley." Hanna comments.

"What happened at Radley?"

"Nothing." They all say to me.

We all sit there quietly for the next forty five minutes, some of us having tears stream down our face others dead silent. But once that doctor came in, we all jumped and ran to him.

"Are you all for Mike Montgomery?" He asks.

"Yes, now please tell me whats going on with my son." Byron says.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but there has been a complication during surgery. Mike experienced a stroke on the table and is currently in a coma. It is uncertain when he will wake up at the time."

"Will he wake up at all?" I ask.

"Kendall!" Spencer nudges my elbow.

"I don't want to keep my hopes up Spencer."

"There is a small percentage that he will not wake up at all, but so small that its nothing you need to be concern about. Would immediate family like to come and see him?"

Aria and Byron nod and follow the doctor as he walks away, and I stand motionless, thinking about all the negative thinks that could happen to Mike.

"Kendall," Emily puts a hand on my shoulder. "He will wake up."

"No Emily." I say with my eyes watering. "We all know he will be that small percentage of people who won't wake up from a coma like this. I just know it."

"Kendall, don't say that." Spencer tells me.

"Just, leave me alone guys. I would like to see Mike breathing for one last time." And I walk away from them.

A/N: Hey guys! Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate!! Can't wait for the new year! Only 2 more chapters left in this book AHH. Vote and comment!

Kisses -E