Prolongue - The Lucky Escape

3rd Person PoV.

It was early 1997, Umbrella has made tons of research on the "Sonnestoppe", the mystical flower from Africa that contained a virus, dubbed Progenitor Virus, that was able to give normal humans powers, powers they never could have imagined unless they tried it.

This was shown to be the truth when a sect of females had gained powers through a certain way of processing the juices of said flowers so that they would be able to get the same set of powers, but for Umbrella... It was impossible to do the same, since they needed something to mass produce, and that method required tons of time and a secret process which has vanished with the death of this sect, The Umbran Witches. Which died during the Witch hunts, except 2, both of which died around 1969, but only one produced a heir... Which was also killer by Umbrella's private military later on, for information, but she knew nothing of their importance.

But some studies of the terrain where the Sonnestoppe grow revealed very important information, being the zone in question used to be a point of connection between the human world and the Underworld, though Umbrella found no way to connect it back, definitely couldn't with the technology of their time, but whenever they tried to have a virus infected individual do that, they would shatter, like if they were cut to pieces and burned to the ground, or they would be teleported to hell, never able to come back.

Still their research went on, as they developed various Viruses thanks to their researchers, as well as a woman of science that inspired Spencer, with her research on the Mold and Cadou, Wesker decided to make a little pet project to himself, in secrecy. The boy was taken from an orphanage with origin from British/American parents, born in the city of Virgrid, aka. the founding city of the sect of the Umbran Witches, this meant there was a high probability that her mother was related to said sect, even remotely, which would make him comparable for the Viruses and the unrefined counterparts.

But what Wesker found, was gold. While he had the modified DNA like the Umbran Witches and their male counterpart, the Lumen Sages, in him, he also sported unknown Genes, which share similarities with the terrain from the Underworld, this meant he was also part Demon, and part Angel as well, due to other opposite genes being found, though they are a very small part.

This boy was a Gold Gene Mine... This was Wesker's Jackpot, the perfect Guinea Pig for every single experiment that was built in that evil head of his, the eyes behind those sunglasses shimmering with joy at all those tests and how his body reacts.

Wesker PoV.

I was there, my guinea pig in the tank, for now, I had no practical test to conduct on him or with him. I had a small equipe working with me, corrupted people I paid to keep all this a secret, after all it can't be told that I am working for their rival company... To be totally honest, I am surprised at myself being able to play 3 different sides at the same time.

I took out a small sample of a new virus, one an umbrella researcher I work with, known as Dr Birkin, has been trying to develop, called the G-virus, and I know had to try it on the guinea pig. And so I got closer to the tub, as it slowly started getting emptied of all the liquids, which had the function of keeping the project alive. The tub opened, as the boy was still sleeping inside, as I injected him with the Prototype of the G-virus.

After I did, I wanted to run the usual schedule, but I had to play the part of the S.T.A.R.S. Alpha Team Captain, so I couldn't stay. I turned around and called one of the researcher. She was beautiful, her skin the color of milk chocolate, her hairs white as snow, her eyes blue as the sea. She was wearing a lab coat, like all of us, but she was a feisty one, having very revealing clothing underneath.