RE0 - Chapter 5 - Good and Evil should be in Balance

Y/N's PoV.

We returned to the main area, and we took the time to reload our guns, at least they did, but I used this time to try out a few moves with Agni and Rudra and their strange power of wind and fire, even though the Centipede didn't use any, probably those powers derive from the Dragon Heritage that this insect derives from.

After this Rebecca took the two statues, White and Black, and we decided to put it in the scale, but it wouldn't be in Balance, as currently the Black one was heavier. "What? How?" Rebecca asked as I chuckled "Look at the statues... They aren't complete" They widened their eyes as they looked at them closer "True" Rebecca noted, through probably she thought that her lips didn't let her thoughts out for everyone. "Well, I guess it's time for a search" We spoke and nodded as we started exploring, after all we had a key we had taken for defeating the Dragon Centipede and so there was a search for the locked door.

The search felt like hours and hours of our lives have been wasted running around, and I wanted to just shoot or kick the doors down, but after all the house is infested, and while huge, we don't really know how many infected are there, and kicking down every door makes way more sounds than airing out a whole room, I'll tell you that much, especially when you can actually close the door to "silence" the noise of bullets flying.

We ended up in a Studio, and we noticed a switch as Billy went to activate it, which turned on the light, allowing us to get a better look around the room, and that's when Paraiso swooped in and took an item thar was placed atop of a deer's horns thar was adorning the studio itself. We then ran around where this could go, but we ended in a room where there was a painting that almost recreated a door there, and the only difference was that a lantern nearby was turned on.

"Wander if..." I looked at it as I took out Agni and Rudra to light up the lantern, but Billy stopped me "You wanna torch out the while place? Just use this" he said giving me a gilded zippo lighter with the symbol of his army command in it. I used it to light up that Lantern, which caused the mechanism to open the door. After that I closed the lighter and put it in my pockets, but Billy immediately went to grab my hand "You got Sticky Fingers or what?" He asked as I looked at him "Well... At least I have something to remember you by in case you die." I joked as I took it out and gave it back to him.

We entered the room, it was a small library, as there were two infected there, which were killed by the two humans as I looked around, checking out books. Billy found some Ammo for Rebecca's Grenade Launcher, which was strange. Why the fuck would someone store ammo in a frickin library. Rebecca was trying to move a wooden library "Can't make it, little girl?" Billy asked her as she answered "I'm a Medic, not a bodybuilder!" She spoke "Y/N..." She said as if to call me up, but I was reading a book they had there, which was about Demons and Angels and the researches they had done on this two ipotetic dimensions that they cannot access easily, and can't come back from unless it's a miracle.

I was too busy reading through the pages, so Billy helped her and they found "The Book of Good". Bully grabbed it and looked through the pages "What the hell should we do with this?" He asked as Rebecca had a thought "Maybe we should put it on the scale?" She proposed, I closed the book I was reading and took it with me, might as well keep these researches for myself.

We went back and tried Rebecca's Idea, but to no avail, but then we opened the book and we found that inside there were wings, that would connect with the white statue "Good, but now we have to find the missing wing for the Black one" I said as we looked at the item Paraíso had taken, and Rebecca got an Idea "I know where to use it" she said as we sprinted behind her, finding out that the enemies die, but they don't stay dead for long, so we had to be quick.

We got back to the balcony above the boss room and then went to go to the room that was atop the small elevator Billy and I activated to send Rebecca and my familiars up there, as there was a clock there, as Rebecca put the item to make it the Hour Signal and moved the clock to match a time she had read on one of the various documents laying around which caused some mechanisms to activate, probably opening up some rooms that we couldn't access before. We went to explore those. And there we found another microfilm as we went to try and out them together.

Those microfilms revealed a code, or at least how to input a code, but we lacked the key to read it, that was until Rebecca let her mind run and we rushed back to the room with all the desks that had buttons, as she went to the podium and she directed us to the selected desk, and once we clicked the buttons, the statues that were blocking a door moved their swords up, allowing us to enter and finally find the book of evil, with the last wing.

Finally we fixed up all the pieces, and as the Scale was balanced, the huge portrait opened, revealing a room inside, and so we went in, finding that it led somewhere dark, probably the basement.

Rebecca looked down there, while Billy still went to write some more, goddamn that guy, while he is a soldier, but he has a fixation on this, what the hell, my guy! She looked back at me "Y/N... I know you probably didn't expect to babysit a girl like me that throws herself in danger everytime" she said as I laughed and hugged her

"Oh my little medic, this is the best babysitting mission I have done in a while. The others are so boring, they ask me to bring them to the mall, fake to be their boyfriend, or just scare off some toxic stalkers" I said as she chuckled.

"Glad to hear that" she said as I looked at her "So about your dad..." I said as I took out a cigar and lit it up with the tip of Agni's blade "... Are you daddy's little girl?" I decided to ask her as I started smoking my cigar, as we sat on the stairs by the painting.

She sat down beside him, and she sighed "No, I don't thinks so at least... But my parents were always the kind of people that would approve my decisions, good or bad. Probably dad is just worried... He was a soldier too, and knowing that I got very little preparation, just wanted me more safe and sound than anything else" She said as I smiled.

"What about your family?" She asked as I froze a bit, then took a puff out of my cigar "They are all dead, I was raised by two friends of my family. The Huntress you met and another one... Maybe I'll have you meet them one day in different circumstances" I said as she smiled "I would love to... Know more about you" she said as I chuckled, giving her the book "Read this... There all you need to know" I spoke as Billy came back, time to continue our journey.

A/N: sorry for the small chapter, but honestly nothing more to see here, so I'll end it here, hope you enjoy.