RE0 - Chapter 1 - First Day on the Job

A/N: I finally made up my mind on the voice I want for Y/N, and who better than Lord Shaxx! FIGHT FOREVER GUARDIAN!!!!

3rd PoV.

A mid-western town in America: Raccoon City.

A solitary island far off in the sea: Rock Fort Island.

An island that would become the second Raccoon City: Sheena Island.

All places where Umbrella has put bases, and where many strange events would manifest, sooner or later, but now that's not important.

But to talk about those events, we must first discover the truth, and where to start, if not at the beginning, before the mansion incident.

July 23, 1998
Racoon Forest

A train is following it's path, only a few people in there, as it travels towards the selected destination, outside the moon leads the sky into the night, though not clearly visible due to the clouds covering the starred sky.

People inside are dining, or doing anything they wanted in their free time, while the train ran fast on the railings between the tall trees that made the forest so full, and from a mountain, a strange figure is standing, looking over the train as it ran through the trees.

One person reads the journal, but it's interrupted, as he hears strange sounds, and so decides to check outside the window... Everything is seemingly normal, until leeches attach themselves to the window, scaring the guy. His scream alerting all the other passengers of his cabin, as more leeches fall onto the other windows as well, till they break them and get inside, jumping onto the living beings and infecting them like parasites, the same happening on the whole train, as the mysterious figure watches over, with a dark and satisfied grin.

Y/N's PoV.

It's late at night, and I was still training with Rodin, he was tough, sure I had managed to activate some latent powers of my family, alongside some abilities of the various Viruses I was forcefully injected while at Umbrella. In this year and something of training, I've become good. I can fight with Trish on an even scale, beating her most of the times, but she could still beat me, if the situations were favourable.

For Rodin on the other hand? I was getting curve-stomped, no way in Heaven or Hell I could defeat him, I tried and tried over and over, but nothing, not even a single slight chance of winning, no matter how close I felt, he would defeat me seconds later. He was a tough egg to crack "Good Job, Kid... I had to get serious in the last half an hour" He said smugly as he prepared a drink for me, Trish was just coming back from a mission. Which one? Beats me. I have been on a few with her, and they all went good.

She gave Rodin part of the payment she received, which basically covers my living here, as well as hers. But soon enough, the phone rang once more, and Rodin answered it "Devil May Cry" he spoke as he lit up his cigar, as a voice on the other hand of the phone spoke.

"I understand, the sum is (Choose the amount, idk but definitely above 50.000 bucks for sure), 20% before the job upfront, and the rest at the end" He spoke waiting for the answer, he sighed heavily, and then Rodin kept talking "Fine, the payment will be done at the end, we will accept." Rodin said and put the phone down.

I looked at him, and Trish did the same "What job do we have?" Trish asked as she was sipping from the drink Rodin prepared while on the phone, as I also stood there curious. "Raccoon City... There has been some wierd shit going on... Probably Umbrella, an unknown citizen said that Bravo S.T.A.R.S. team has been deployed to have a look around. And they want us to help"

"Great, so I can finally kill some of those Umbrella assholes!" I said and got up, Trish did too, but Rodin motioned to her to stay down and called me up, causing me to stop and look back, only to grab a suitcase that was thrown at me. I caught it and looked at it for a bit "What the Hell is this?" I said pointing at it.