Chapter 4 : It's not going to be easy

***

I just need a little patience with him.

"Look, I am not here to fight with you because now you are my apparent boyfriend and I would give you a slight explanation abou- "

He interrupted me and said, "Not the slight explanation, I want the full explanation from your part."

I think I need a a lot of patience with him. He is totally not whom I want as my boyfriend. Grumpy bear.

Look at those eyes and brows of his all shrink and tight with hardened jaw.

I wanted a softie.

Oh god! what the world my hormones did just to kiss this rock face.

"Alright a complete transparency, all glassed no opacity," I took a deep breath to blurt out the truth because he is only one to help me right now with this situation and if he doesn't know a single thing, he might complicate things, although he hasn't done any as I am the one to complicate things.

"I like Cooper" I said out fast.

"WHAT?!" He asked as if he didn't heard me.

"I LIKED COOPER" I repeated with clarity this time.

Grasshoppers chirp as he looks at me completely frozen.

"That's not how an explanation ends" he says turning his gaze towards me.

"Okay, I don't wanna give you any historically acclimated dating history of mine but I haven't seriously dated for a long time now, so when Cooper joined, he...he...he is nice, he has all the qualities for women to swoop over him and in conclusion I liked him, sort of love at first sight I guess." I said out completely.

I cringed myself at the words Love and First sight.

He gave me the most disgusting look ever. This man judges. I can clearly tell he doesn't believe in the love at fist sight gaga.

"Like, not that madly in love kind of love but okay I like you kinda love." I said again.

"That's attraction." He corrects.

"Whatever" I blurt out.

"So, you like him, does that concludes you kissing me?" he asked with added sarcasm in his tone.

This man.

"No, it doesn't, but I didn't know he had another woman in life. I swear I wouldn't have even thought about him in this way if I had knew it." I told him.

"Guess you know now." He clears.

"Of course I do, clearly my neighbour got into his pants." I blurt out.

"Decency in words" he coldly says.

"My bad, just so you know I don't like Rosie." I said.

"I don't care about that. I respect her, she is going to be the wife of my bestfriend." He strictly replies.

I froze. "Wait what! I thought they were just in relationship." I said out fast.

His grip is hard on the steering wheel.
"Now, they are putting it into another level." He says coldly.

"Well um yes", I laughed nervously, "Good for them yeah."

He still his gaze on me. Saying nothing. Staring at me with his narrowed brows and tensed jaw.

I took a deep breath and said embracing my courage, "Okay, here is the deal, We pretend to be together for just a week and say some shitting shit about breakup, how is that?"

He gives me a glance and says, "It was clearly an attraction because you don't know cooper and he won't believe it."

That sentence clearly didn't pass through my head.

"Why-why wouldn't he believe...like isn't that normal, we were together since last month, we had a fight then we tried to resolve it and oops it didn't work out well, how about that!" I retried to make up something.

"This could have been the perfect plan if you wouldn't have kissed me so passionately." He said what!

"Oh WAIT! I or was it YOU who kissed me so passionately, mine was more like a peck", he glares his eyes away and looks somewhere out the car and says, "yeah that's why I could taste you."

Did I hear it right?

I froze. I don't know what to say, he isn't cordial with me neither he wants me to end our pretense within this week. What in the hell does he wants?

"I still don't seem to get you how our kiss changes everything, but look you know this pretense is a lot tougher than being actually in a relationship." I said.

"We aren't getting caught for sure." He said confidentially.

"How can you say that with so much confidence?" I asked.

"I would, if Cooper and Rosie weren't waiting for us." He says and it reminds me.

Oh yeah, we told cooper we'd be within few minutes, we have been chattering and bickering for sometime now.

Never felt minutes pass so quickly like seconds but with this grumpy bear.

"Your purpose of visit is yet unknown but yeah, I am too on a lunch break, we need to go back to them as soon as possible." I said.

"Austin Stafford" He glares at me with his soul less eyes which send me hundreds of unknown sensations.

"Ah, Alessia Vermont. From Seatt-"

He quickly steps out of his car and opens the other door and I am still processing how he didn't even bother to hear my introduction at least.

Rude!!!

I looked at him as he gives me a cold look and here we go and I put my hand on his palm to get out of the car as the cafe walls are glassed and Cooper might get a glimpse of us, we have to be sure and safe.

As I gave my hand to him on his palm, I realised how tight his grip has on me and how tightly he his holding my hand with yet soft touch.

This man's touch and his behaviour are two polars which completely toss me off from one side to another and I am so confused.

***

Hope you liked the chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment.🎀🌸