Chapter 7 : He takes what?

***

“I am almost winning this right now.” I thought to myself in my mind.

No matter how much effort Austin makes none of the bakery shops are open.

Some were already closed by the time we reached there or even some others which we found about to close down ran out of cupcakes and that brought a huge warm smile on my face, lightening up my eyes.

The satisfaction felt to win has already reached my skin seeing Austin almost getting out of breath and tensed in this situation driving the car for 2 hours straight now and while waiting for those 5 letters from his mouth.

I yawned and said,“Give up already Austin Stafford. It’s impossible to find an opened bakery which hasn’t run out of cupcakes.” I yawned again.

“Don’t distract me Ms. Vermont, I know you are scared for my win” he said looking straight towards the road.

Scared? This man is driving non-stop just because he doesn’t want to apologise.

I have met plenty of men with huge ass egos but he is the god of ego or is he doing all this as a way to apologise for snapping at me.

But why would he, he doesn’t even like my presence so why would he do this? It’s my sleepiness and tiredness which are making my thoughts revert to the direction of the heart. Nope.

He is just doing it because he has a huge ass of male ego as big as an island.

"Well, we’ll see if it’s your win or mine” I yawn again.

***

Event of Past dream

“You don’t have to be them; you just have to be YOU Steven” I said to him as I hugged him and wiped the tears off his face.

He hugs me harder and presses his chest tighter as if he is afraid too afraid to let me go.

“Will you accept me as me Alessia?” his voice is thin and cranky and says to me as his throat cracks more with emotions.

“Yes Steven, you don’t have to pretend to be anyone, I accept you as who you are I –” 

***

“Wake up, Ms. Vermo-”. He says with his deep voice.

“What the fuc- ” I suddenly woke up. Austin oh so I was dreaming. I was sweating and my chest panting.

God, it’s such a long time now. What in the earth happened to him, where is he, I need to –

“Are you getting out of the car or should I use my arms again?” Austin gives me a cold look.

My cheeks flushed with his words. Gosh. Why does he have to use such particular words in a particular form?

Doesn’t he know such sentences are said romantically? No, But instead he uses them to be as rude as he can.

Austiness Indeed.

“You don’t have to be so rude at me, I just dozed off.” I replied.

“Did anyone tell you, you snore.” he said. “What!!!!! Did I?” I asked instantly.

“No, you don’t, you slept so peacefully it became a pain for me to wake you up or not ” he gave me a twitch of his lips. Again.

Something expanded and contracted too fast in my chest again and I smiled back.