Chapter 6 : Why Him again?

***

"You good?" Austin presses his hand on my shoulder as a way to ask for my health as I get lost in my own thoughts.

"Yeah, maybe I am or I'll be good. I guess." I replied with a forced smile as I couldn't make any eye contact with his blue eyes.

Something would happen if I do.

It's not the first time I have avoided eye contact with him. After Rosie's sudden plan of a night long drive to which I just couldn't disagree, as Austin came with cooper.

He was wearing casuals in contrast to what I saw today in the morning. Along with casual black colored pants he wore a simple plain white shirt with it's sleeves tied up to his forearms and I could see his veins, his muscles and I myself got busy into calculating his time he spent on working out and if sleeves being up was not enough to make me feel something his two buttons wear opened nope three and I could see a clean chest.

I stood still as I saw him on my door no greeting no hi just staring at him.

Ogling.

I felt as if my stomach's Butterflies kept on dancing till they burst my stomach out.

I felt this tension around my gut and my chest. Was I nervous? How and why can I be so nervous? It's not that it's my first date or he is my crush whom I am meeting for the first time.

But maybe because it's our first time meeting after processing all the chaos of shock, surprise kiss, kissing back, lies, pretendence, argument, back to pretendence. I

t's our first time meeting each other after having our all time alone and thinking about what we actually did in the cafe.

Am I the only one to feel this? Is Austin feeling things like this too?
Confused, overwhelming, breathless, out of words like me because I can see him too just staring and staying like a rock as we both stare at each other for five minutes straight.

I become the first one to break the eye contact and cooper becomes the first person to break our stand still position.

"Are you guys done with staring at each other? Alessia, Austin looks hot and Austin, Alessia looks beautiful. Now I have done your parts of compliments. Now, shall we?" He said in his teasing tone and led us to the car directly from my apartment door.

Austin didn't have the chance to see my apartment. We both stayed silent in the long drive as well. Nothing.

We both sat at the back seat opposites to each other staring out in our windows completely lost in our thoughts.

We tried to fake by smiling at each other for a few seconds trying to hold hands in the car but none worked.

We both felt as awkward as we could become. Every action followed our nervous and awkward laugh with break in eye contact.

Cooper and Rosie are so into each other that they barely notice us being completely strangers to each other and shockingly, Cooper revealed he already has another car parked near the mall and now his car is all mine and Austin for night to go wherever we want.

Austin seemed to shoot lasers to Cooper as he responded, "You don't have to do anything like this. We are in no mood now for this."

THIS. What is this. A time to maybe know each other. Maybe where we can head to become at least friends or at least mere acquaintances.

Does he hate my presence to this extent? A mere thought of at least getting to know him even shattered.

I liked Cooper's sweet gesture as a lovely friend to help us sort our so-called issue which never existed in the first place.