Episode IV: A Heeler Family Vacation

When I woke up that morning, I felt something heavy on my bed, and then I saw my travel bag, which looked stuffed. When I took it outside, I saw Mum, Dad, and Bingo assembled with multiple packed suitcases. When I asked about it, Dad said, "We're going on vacation!" at that moment, I squealed with delight, and my tail wagged with excitement, so Mum left Uncle Stripe and Aunt Trixie in charge of house-sitting, and we were off for Brisbane International Airport. On the drive, I asked, "Dad, where are we going?" Dad said, "You're coming to work with me! I'm going to Egypt to excavate one of the pyramids, and your Mum wanted me to bring you kids along so you could see what I do for my job." "YIPEE!" we cried in unison.

We had breakfast at a local IHOPE when we got to the airport and boarded an airplane. When we settled into our seats, suddenly, a voice came over the speaker thingy "Hello. This is your captain speaking. Before we begin our flight, I want to say a few things. First off, my name is Captain Crash Antburn. My copilot today is Ted Disaster. And I would also like to introduce you to our flight attendant Karen Karensfield. On this flight, Miss Karensfield will be serving concessions to all passengers. You can also watch our inflight movies, most notably Cat Squad 1989 and Power Bloke and the Masters of the Universe, the live-action movie. Bathrooms will be at the back of the plane, and now, we take off." with that, the plane took flight.

As we were flying over New Zealand, Mum asked us "So kids, how are you feeling about going somewhere new?" I said, "I'm super excited!" Bingo, however, said "I'm a bit nervous" Mum assured Bingo that she would be fine and love the Egyptian culture, while Dad put the live-action Power Bloke movie on for us. And I have only one thing to say about it...HOW IS IT NOT IN THE AMERICAN NATIONAL FILM REGISTRY??????!?????? (if it were up to me this film would be in there along with multiple other classics like both Hoodwinked movies and The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie) It has everything: Humor, Action, Drama, and a twist. On the other hand, Bingo was not so interested in the epic adventures of one dog on a journey to save Eternia from evil. She was busy reading a book, namely The Outsiders. She had started reading it for the trip and had become hooked.

After a brief layover in Sri Lanka and some spicy Indian lunch, we arrived in Egypt. After getting off the plane and reclaiming our luggage, Dad said "I made a reservation for a boat to take us down the Nile River to the hotel, and it should arrive in 5 minutes!"

Our boat arrived, and we boarded it for a relaxing ride down the Nile. Along the ride, Dad said "The people of Ancient Egypt had a story about this river. It goes that the Crocodile god Sobek would flood the river once every year. And when he did, it would bring water and plentiful harvests to the people." "Well," said Bingo as she snacked on some Pita bread dipped in Humus, "I can see why they would look forward to this river flooding. There's nothing but sand and dryness here!" "Well," said Mum as she munched on a clump of Grapes, "that's what makes it a marvel that the Ancient Egyptians were able to live here so successfully"