Episode XIII: Creek Camping

Bandit's POV: Ah, finally, the weekend was here. And this wasn't just any old weekend, it was the beginning of a bank holiday for me and the rest of the family. But, on top of that, it was the weekend Bluey and her friends went camping at the Creek by Mort's place. They were packing their things in anticipation of Mort taking them to the campsite. They had everything they might need, tents, sleeping bags, flashlights, bug spray, a bug zapper, a book of matches (one of those fancy new ones that makes smoke-free fire), books, a generator, and enough food to last a week. Soon, I heard the unmistakable noise of Mort's Jeep pulling into the driveway. One discussion later, the kids were off, leaving me and Chilli to enjoy a weekend to ourselves.

Bluey's POV: Setting up the tents at the campsite was fairly easy. We found a nice open spot near the creek and camped there. When night fell, I exclaimed, "You know guys, after a long day of camping, it's nice to unwind with a relaxing campfire song. Here's one I know you're gonna love!" and with that, I tuned my guitar, Bingo took out some bongos, and together, we wistfully played 'Day-O' for everyone.

After that nice, relaxing campfire song, we decided to swap some stories. While most of our stories were just about stuff that had happened to us, I declared, "Well, have Bingo and I got a story for you. A story so scary it'll chill your bones." so, we told them the tale:

Needless to say, Bluey's story scared the snot out of most of us. And in my opinion, it would be very Trifficult to find a scarier story (well, at least on the website Bluey got it from in preparation for this camping trip) than that. But obviously, Bluey would clarify that it was just made up by a guy on the website and none of it was real. Still, it was scary. Afterward, things settled down for a while. Until we heard a rustling from the bushes. "What was that?!" asked Lila, and Bluey said "It's probably just an animal" and everyone settled for this. but then, Lila spotted a tall, lanky silhouette in the trees, that, if you squinted hard enough, bore a resemblance to the monster from Bluey's story. Then, it jumped out from behind the trees and scared us quite a bit, before it was revealed to just be Snickers wearing a costume, which got a good laugh out of us.