Episode XII: Jocko

Chilli's POV: It was a rainy day in Brisbane. The streets were practically flooded, and Brandy and I were driving through them. "why are we driving in the rain again?" I asked Brandy, who said, "Well, since I can't have kids, I'm taking you to an orphanage to see me adopt a son!" This warmed my heart, since Brandy had struggled with fertility for years, and to see her adopting a child, I felt good inside.

Once at the orphanage, Brandy went to the front desk and asked "Excuse me, do you have any children here who aren't already reserved or have been adopted?" "Well," said the receptionist, "we have one, but he's never been adopted." so, we went to see the young pup. He was a bull terrier around Bingo's age, with a wide-eyed yet sad look when he saw me, I asked him, "Hey kid, what's your name?" "Jocko," he said, "and you are?" "Brandy Cattle," said Brandy, "that's my sister Chilli" After a little exchange, Brandy said, "Jocko, you're my son now." and Jocko perked up, saying that he was eager to finally be adopted.

When he got to Brandy's house, I set about preparing Jocko's room while Brandy was helping him feel more at home. Afterwards, I went home, with Brandy reminding me to tell Bandit, Bluey, and Bingo the news.

"A NEW COUSIN!" said Bluey excitedly, "HOORAY!" Bingo, on the other hand, was a bit quieter, simply saying, "I feel so happy for Auntie Brandy" Bandit said, "Me too, she's struggled with that for how long has it been, I've lost track. But anyway, the point is, she deserves it." just then, the phone rang, and Bandit picked up, with the rest of us observing this exchange: "Heeler residence, Bandit speaking! Oh, hi Brandy, what's up! You're coming tomorrow for dinner! Cool! Bluey and Bingo are gonna LOVE IT!"

Bluey's POV: and indeed I did. Jocko arrived, and Auntie Brandy was the one to introduce us: "Jocko, meet Bluey and Bingo, Bluey and Bingo, meet Jocko." "hi" was all Jocko said, before I exclaimed: "hey Bingo, let's play house tour!" "YEAH!" said Bingo as we ran off to get into character.

Jocko's POV: Bluey and Bingo came back around 10 minutes later, Bluey wearing some purple lensless glasses and Bingo holding a notepad and a crayon. "hello sir," exclaimed Bluey, "I believe you came for the tour of the Heeler House?" I was quite amused by Bluey's roleplay, so I decided to play along, "why, yes Ma'am" I said, and I was taken on a guided tour of the house. In the end, I proclaimed, "Well, after that, I'd give it a 10 out of 10" and then, Bluey and Bingo raised their arms and shouted "HOORAY!" 

At dinner, things were normal at first, until Bluey picked up an asparagus from her plate, pointed it at her Dad, and shouted "ZEBRA!" with that, Bandit immediately began acting like a Zebra. Then, she turned to Bingo and said, "SQUIRREL!" Bingo began acting like a Squirrel. Then, she turned her Mum into an Elephant, and Brandy into a Gorilla. Needless to say, mayhem ensued around the Heeler house, and that was the day I realized that I was living with a special family now.