Episode XI: Food Coma

Football night. It was a night when all the adult males (and some adult females) on our block gathered to watch football with each other. On this particular night, Dad happened to be hosting, and the house was PACKED! Even Wendy decided to let her fur down and watch the game. The last to arrive was Snickers' dad. And when he arrived, he had this exchange with Dad: "G'day Bandit!" "G'day Isaac, how's-is that a Harry Potter tie pin?" "It is," said Snickers' dad, "I got it from a pop-up shop in Sidney a week ago! You like it?" "Well," Dad explained, "I just didn't expect you to be wearing it, since you're a pastor and-" "Oh, about that," Snickers' dad explained "last week, I just finished reading Connie Neal's book 'The Gospel According to Harry Potter', so I think that the detractors in my religion are just crazy." "fair point," said Dad. 

It was a wild night. The grown-ups were obsessing over the game, and a few of them were even drinking that weird orange stuff that Mum and Dad say we aren't allowed to drink, and for some reason, it made Wendy act weird and not like the Wendy Bingo and I are used to. But in the end, Arsenal won, and Dad won a bet with Jean-Luc's dad. Meanwhile, as all that craziness was going on, Bingo and I were playing restaurants with our friends to give the grownups some well-earned time to themselves. But that would be nothing compared to the wackiness Bingo and I would endure the next day.

When Bingo and I woke up the next morning, we went downstairs, made ourselves sandwiches for brekky, and found Mum and Dad. They were in the living room, Mum standing over Dad, who was lying on the couch with his eyes closed. "Morning mum!" said Bingo. "Morning Bluey, morning Bingo!" said Mum. "What happened to Dad?" I asked. Mum then said "After eating frankly too much food last night, he ended up unconscious. Grown-ups call it a Food Coma." So, we tried to wake Dad up.

We tried everything to wake Dad up. We tried shouting at him, my alarm, finger snaps, pouring water on his head, an air horn, and even Chattermax! But, nothing worked. I said, "WAIT BINGO! We're not cavedogs!" and picked up a tablet, saying, "We have technology!" before smacking Dad in the face with the tablet repeatedly. "it didn't work." said Bingo, which was plain to see. Then, Mum had an idea, "How about loud music? Maybe that would wake him up." So, I grabbed our Akita, and said, "Akita, play the loudest songs you can think of"

Akita played the loudest song she could think of. Then, we held a megaphone to the speaker and played the music. And this worked, Dad immediately woke up and made Akita stop the music.