04

— Good morning, Isabel! Welcome to the club, my name is Sara and I am secretary to the football director of the club's women's team

— Good morning, Isabel! Welcome to the club, my name is Sara and I am secretary to the football director of the club's women's team. — Sara did not immediately say the name of the director, as we are going through a process, as our former director recently left his position and we are now considering other names for the position.

That's why the training center office is empty, only Sara and I are occupying it. Only on this floor, because the marketing team is downstairs and their floor is certainly not empty.

Those who works on the men's team occupy other floors and wings of the building.

Sara has already given me a brief tour and is now showing me my work desk.

She directed me to an empty table, crammed into a corner. The standing desk was at full height, with an ergonomic chair hidden underneath.
This is supposed to be a work desk, but it's so far away and so much larger than the other desks in the area that it's almost like I have my own office.

— You are free to customize it however you want. There is also a lockable drawer under the table. —Sara pointed to a set of black metal drawers. — Is this alright?

Something in Sara's tone indicates nervousness. Everyone knew that I am Joan Laporta's niece, but my uncle and some members of administration assured me that no one would give me special treatment. I was to be treated like any other training center employee, with the utmost respect and a certain level of expectation.

— It's great, thank you. The view is great. — I point and look at the large glass windows that directly show a training ground.

— Let's meet the team, shall we? — I nodded and followed Sara to the elevator, keeping the conversation going about the team's schedules, but my pulse quickens, my ears tingle, and my limbs tremble at the thought of meeting the team.

It's not that I'm afraid of girls, I follow women's football more than enough and I know that the girls are friendly and warm.

I just can't help but be nervous.

And well, there's still Alexia. That occupied my thoughts since the day of the meeting about her contract renewal.

I confess that I had difficulty sleeping yesterday, the anticipation kept me awake, tossing and turning on the bed with my heart pounding in my throat.

Jonatan, the team's coach, was the first to welcome us to the field where the players train.

— Bon dia com estàs? — I already knew him and had a conversation with him about my new role at the club.

—Hola Jonathan, I'm a little uncertain, because I don't know if the players will be willing to share their dissatisfactions with me.

—If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it, I already told them about your presence earlier and they seemed quite excited. — I agree with him and see him walking to the gym. The women's team's gym is very close to the field where they train.