08

I'm sure the perfect scenario would be if my work at Barcelona wasn't necessary, but unfortunately we still have a lot to resolve

So my first week at the club was quite busy, mainly due to the new demands made by the coaching staff. The new sporting director has already been introduced to the team and my job is to ensure that he does his job perfectly.

Despite the busy week, I still manage to bump into Alexia in the hallways and parking lot of the training center.

She is very polite and friendly, always responding to my friendly and hurried "Bon dia"

That's a lie, my "good mornings" aren't always friendly, I'm clearly not the most sociable person in the morning.

She is different, Alexia is the example of kindness and education. Despite her shyness and her aversion to cameras, she always meets the fans waiting in front of the training center gate.

She's good with children, she seems to love meeting young fans, not that I'm watching her. It's just a curiosity that I noticed.

In addition to being beautiful, she had to be attentive to everyone.

How can a woman be exactly my type and I can't be with her?

The world is very unfair sometimes.

- Hey, Isabel? Today you have your head in the clouds, huh?

I startle, biting my lower lip and the pen.

I'm on the couch, looking at the design proofs. Or was. Until I got lost in thoughts.

Cláudia is in front of me, and was helping me with the development of the new collection.

We're in the middle of a mess of sample jewelry designs and lots of coffee and lots of paper.

- Can you tell me what's going through that little head of yours?

-Who? I?

- Talk to me, Isabel. I'm all ears.

- About what?

- What have you been daydreaming about lately?

- It's not that I'm daydreaming, I'm just wondering about something. - I take a sip of coffee and put away the jewelry samples, today I'm too distracted to continue my work, anyway. - Don't judge me or think that I'm not taking my job at Barcelona seriously.

- Are you really asking me not to judge you? I'm practically your sister, I would never judge you.

-Okay fine. So my question is... - I stop, moistening my lips.

- SAY IT.

- Alexia and I kind of "flirted" at the team dinner and I was kind of hoping for a text or an invite from her this week, but so far nothing has happened.