05

—I know you think no one saw it, but I saw it

—I know you think no one saw it, but I saw it. — I've already gotten out of the shower and am gathering my things to leave when Mapi approaches me with her eyes narrowed accusingly.

— What?

— The way you looked at Isabel. Alexia, did you really was shamelessly checking out the president's daughter? You weren't like this before...

I opened my mouth to refute and deny that I was checking out Isabel, but in fact I was.

So the best answer I could come up with was — Uh?

Needless to say, the laugh Mapi let out was enough to attract the attention of the players nearby.

— Qué pasa? — Jana Fernández and Cláudia Pina tilted their heads from where they were sitting, but the answer that Mapi gave to their question was enough for two of them to come closer and the rest of the locker room to look at us.

— Alexia will soon join the Laporta family.

—Wha-t —  I stutter, almost bursting out laughing, but instead I cough into my hand. — That is not true.

— Yes, It's true, I saw it and we all know how you are when you like someone. — My best friend, or ex-best friend now, encouraged a lot of chaos and released false information about my supposed relationship with Joan's niece.

— I also saw her looking at Isabel after she scored the free kick in training. — Lucy Bronze, who I thought was not understanding the conversation due to the enthusiastic Catalan we are speaking, adds this information to the conversation.

— Oh my God, is that why she was working so hard on free kick training? And I thought I had terrible training. — Sandra Paños says and Cata, the other goalkeeper on our team, agrees.

—Nah no, even if I didn't try too hard, you wouldn't catch those kicks. — An amused smile overtaking my face when I see how falsely offended the goalkeeper was.

— So you admit that you trained harder than normal to impress Laporta's daughter? — Jana says, excitedly.

— She is not Laporta's daughter, she is his niece.

— That's not what I asked, captain. —Jana insists when I remain silent and my only response is an eye roll.

Obviously the rest of the team, who are still in the locker room, are not silent or pretending to be discreet while commenting on my non-existent or upcoming romantic relationship.

I'm honestly in doubt whether Barcelona FC is made up of adult, professional women or whether it's made up of teenagers going through puberty.

Dios mio.

It's only in these moments that I rethink being captain of these girls.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, Patri and Aitana come back from whatever they were doing.

The team is silent when the midfielders say they have something to say.

— Firstly, Alexia, I didn't know you were close to the president's daughter. — Patri says slowly while raising her eyebrows wildly. — Isabel said she was going tonight and told you to send her a message, informing her of the place and time.

— Why is everyone saying she is Laporta's daughter? — My question is obviously ignored since my supposed closeness and relationship with Isabel is a more interesting topic for these professional players.

— I'm going to kill you, María. — I inform the person who started all this as I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked to the door.

Despite many protests and provocations, I managed to leave the locker room after saying goodbye to everyone, sighing in defeat, shaking my head at my team.

I'm not going to lie, the confirmation of her presence at dinner made me a little anxious.

Despite the girls teasing me and saying that I tried harder than usual, I had a hard time concentrating on today's training.

All my thoughts were drowned out by blonde hair and a pair of blue eyes, even more so knowing that that same look was watching me, my heart skipped a beat just thinking about it.

After arriving home, I send a message to a certain businesswoman.

In the first text messages, I didn't really say anything more than necessary, but then my anxiety and nervousness started to appear and when I saw it I had already sent another message.

Alexia: Do you want a ride? So you can drink.

Did that sound weird, did it feel like I called her an alcoholic? I hope she doesn't understand it that way.

Alexia: I don't drink in the middle of the season.

Oh my God, she didn't ask.

Why would she need this information? I hate myself sometimes.

Alexia: But I know you love wine, and the restaurant we're going to has great wines.

Now do I look like a stalker? I only know she loves wine because I saw it on her Instagram.

I hope she doesn't notice.

Isabel: Oh, I would love to, but I don't want to bother you and I don't even know if my house is on the way.

Isabel: I don't want to delay you.

Isabel: But, I do like wine, so maybe I'll take a taxi.

Alexia: Don't worry, I insist.

Alexia: I want to talk to you before we meet the others.

Isabel: ok, I'll see you here at seven then :)

Then she sends me her address and then I start getting ready.

I know that the two of us arriving together is not the wisest decision I've made, considering the indiscreetness of my teammates.

But I can't help but want to spend more time with Isabel.

English is not my first language.
I hope you understand.

The story is purely fiction, the player's personality is invented. Please do not associate the personality of the players mentioned in the fanfic with reality.

Thank you and I hope you like it.