06

I hear the doorbell and I start to panic

I look at the time, 6:20 pm.

But already? I swore it was still 5:50 pm.

Even though I still need to put on my heels, I'll answer the door already knowing who it is.

— Hola, I'm sorry but you'll have to wait for me a little. — I give her a smile, she's already doing me a favor and on top of that I'm getting in the way.

— Relax, I'm not in a hurry.

When I opened the door for her, she walked in, her body and presence sucking the air out of the space.

She looked at me, then at the black dress I was wearing. My leg is completely exposed due to the size of the dress, and the mere touch of her gaze to my skin made my heart race.

— Wait here, I'll be quick. — My mother would kill me for not offering anything for a visit, but haste was to blame for my bad manners today.

I go to the room and put on my heels and put on perfume.

I smile excitedly and it's only now that I can pay attention to her.

Alexia's legs are hidden by a jeans. Her knees show through the holes, her white blouse and black leather jacket... I feel a pang in my chest just seeing her.

— You look amazing. — Ok, this compliment was unexpected, but I couldn't help it and Alexia, who obviously doesn't know how to deal with compliments, just smiled shyly.

— You look so beautiful. — She gives a sideways smile.

— Thank you, I wasn't sure if the dress was the appropriate choice, but I liked the end result of the outfit.

— Totally appropriate, I'm the one who's now not sure if I'm dressed well. — She lets out a low laugh, and I see her gaze travel from the heels I'm wearing to my face. Her heated gaze roams my body, nothing but lust passes through her eyes.

Interesting, I didn't know Alexia Putellas could be that obvious.

We walked down to the parking lot and she guided me to the passenger side, wrapping her fingers around the door handle before opening it, gesturing for me to get in.

I get in and realize that the car smells just like her.

She opened the driver's side door and got into the car, closing it quickly before putting the keys in the ignition.

I turn my neck to face her, watch her turn the steering wheel to the right with one hand.

The movement of traffic blurs the car window as we speed towards the city center.

— So, — I bite my bottom lip and she looks my way. — What did you need to talk to me about?

— I just wanted to make sure you're comfortable participating in this type of get-together with the team, I know the girls can be pushy so I was a little worried.