09

To be honest, during the shower I kind of panicked, while I was drying my hair and when I was choosing clothes I freaked out even more

It's not every day I get to go out to dinner with Alexia Putellas, so my nervousness is entirely appropriate for the occasion.

I planned our date and the goal is for everything to go perfectly.

Unconsciously my face heated up when I saw the situation I find myself in now.

I longingly look at the flowers on my passenger seat as I tap my fingers at the steering wheel.

Maybe she hates flowers, maybe she's allergic to pollen, or maybe she doesn't want to receive something like that on a first date, but she might also really like it.

I take my eyes off the road, look back at the bouquet, and something vibrates in my chest. Everyone likes flowers. Even super serious and shy football players.

The fact that I'm a woman should also make everything easier, I can say that it doesn't happen.

I'm not sure what Alexia expects from me, much less know if she's going with the same intention and intensity as me.

So yeah, I'm nervous.

I send a message to Alexia informing her that I'm already in front of her building.

I get out of the car with the bouquet in hand when Alexia's message responding to me appears on my cell phone screen.

The choice of restaurant was designed entirely with our privacy in mind.

And without ignoring the fact that Alexia and I share a love for Japanese food.

It's a simple choice but totally appropriate for both of us.

I see Alexia walk to my car, wearing similar clothes to mine, maybe we think the same.

She looks incredible.

Her gaze swept over the flowers in my hand and when she came closer to greet me with a kiss on the cheek, I hear her praising the flowers. — Quines flors més boniques.

She takes the flowers from my outstretched hands, but she still pulls me closer and whispers — You look really beautiful tonight.

Even though the hug isn't very intimate and we're still in front of her car and her building, the proximity is enough to make me sink into her scent.

As soon as Alexia released me from her tight grip, I opened the passenger door to let her in. My constant chivalry made the player laugh softly as she sank into the passenger seat.

I open the driver's door and quickly get in, turning on the ignition and heading to the sushi restaurant.

Alexia asks me about the flowers, for a moment, I looked into her eyes, sudden but sweet, accompanied by an equally sweet smile.