Nostalgia - Part 3

"Do you.. Regret me?"

Karan looked at her with a bewildered expression. Her words were too shocking to even register. Did he hear her right? Regret? Did she really say that?

"Kya? I.. I regret you?" Karan asked her hoping he was wrong and she would deny.

But Tejasswi looked at Karan with teary eyes and then hung her head down giving him the confirmation.

He couldn't believe it. Regret? REGRET? How on earth did she even dare to think something like this? What? How, matlab kya?! He didn't understand. All she has ever been is the biggest blessing of his life. And he has made it very very veryyyy known to her on numerous occasions.. Infact every bloody time.. Then what the actual fuck?

He tried to analyse.
*Okay so everything was good before the fight.. but for some random contestant on the show why will she even go in this direction? Okay so fight.. Fight.. I didn't tell her about that girl so she felt bad.. Okay.. She might have gotten jealous or possessive? Theek hai.. She got to know from someone else not me.. Okay.. I told her she was being stupid.. Alright fine.. Then I walked off sayi.........*

It clicked Karan finally.

*Saala pehle hi sahi tha atleast ye jawaabdaari toh nahi karni padti thi*
*Har din ka update laakar do madam ko*
*Itna syaapa toh nahi tha zindagi mein*
*Laga rakhi hai yaar bematlab ki*

Shit!

He smacked his head mentally.
*How dare you Karan! Really what the actual fuck. Tu kabhi sochta kyu nahi hai apna ye muh khol ke hagne se pehle? Why the fuck do you fuck shit up in your anger all the time!*

Karan looked at Tejasswi. She was resting her head on his chest slightly.

"Teju.. Idhar dekh?* Karan asked softly.

Teju looked up into his eyes. He tucked her flyaway at the back of her ear and cupped her face..
"Ye sab socha tune? So the time between me walking off and me seeing you in the shower.. Ye tha tere dimaag mein? This is why?"

She nodded slightly and said "Karan.. Tu bata sakta hai mujhe.."

"Kya bata sakta hu Teja?" Karan asked.

"Karan.. I know ki tu gusse mein tha.. I'm not saying you meant it completely or something, but fir bhi if.... I mean I know ki....." Tejasswi tried to explain herself but was cut off by Karan.

"You know? You know what exactly, Tejasswi?" Karan was stern.

"Karan.." Tejasswi didnt know how to continue.

Karan's eyes were fixed on hers. Tejasswi felt a lump forming in her throat.

After a long pause Karan spoke in a calm yet unshakable gaze-
"You know nothing Tejasswi Prakash Wayangankar. Nothing."

Tejasswi just stared at him, unable to respond.

"You say you know me. In and out. You say ki you know it was said in anger and then you try to say but ye but vo.. BUT Tejasswi, end mein toh I see you doubting what we have, what 'I have' for you.. Right? End mein even after 2 years of my endless insatiable love, need and want for you, you end up believing an entirely nonsensical, baseless, matlab aisa kuch bhi next level 'bakwaas' - jo mujhe lagta tha ki tujhe pata hoga ki mai kabhi mean nahi kar sakta.. Tu vo believe kar rahi hai, completely forgetting the countless times when I......" Karan paused and took a deep breath.

"I didn't doubt that even for a second Karan. I didn't doubt what you have for me." Tejasswi countered.

"You didn't? Thats why I saw you how I saw you today? Thats why meri fatt ke haath mein aa gayi tujhe aise dekh ke?" Karan raised his voice a bit.