Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Countdown

Hello everyone.

I'm terribly sorry for keeping you all waiting for soo long for chapter update. The start of 2024 has been one of the craziest periods of my life with finally moving out with my partner, taking way too many exams for my final year at college, I got into a biking accident to add onto that, I'm perfectly fine I just broke my arm but I can continue writing, work and other responsibilities. I'm just glad you're all very patient enough.

But unfortunately that's not all...

On Friday, 8th March 2024 the world lost Dragon Ball Author, Akira Toriyama. A man who marked my life and my imagination, just like yours I'm sure. Akira Toriyama was a discreet man, a genius of drawing and dreaming, and Dragon Ball marked many generations and helped pave the way for many more influential anime and manga.

Akira was basically to Shonen Manga what Stan Lee was to Marvel. The man was a legend who influenced art as we know it.

Thinking of him, who died so young, fills me with sadness, he was only 68 years old, and still so much to tell us. I offer my most sincere condolences to his family and friends. He may be gone, but he created a legacy that will make him live on forever. Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama sensei.

An ominous deep cackle woke Gohan up from his sleep

An ominous deep cackle woke Gohan up from his sleep. His eyes flew open, the hair in the back of his neck sticking up on its end and cold perspiration rolling down his shivering brow.

Gohan glanced around, but no one was to be found. He found himself alone in the middle of a circus. The tent was splattered with light green blood, purple gas blows through the room, clown music bellows inside, muffling the painful and desperate screams of hundreds of souls.

Gohan believed he was in some sort of silly dream as he began to look for a way out, But then he heard the cackle again and a sense of dread filled Gohan's veins, realizing that he was wide awake.

This was real.

Not wanting to even know what was going on, Gohan tried flying throughout the circus tent, only to swat him back down like a fly.

The half Saiyan regained his footing, rubbing his head, but there was something off...

His scenery had changed to what it looked like a poorly lit bog-standard apartment. Sat by a coffee table in the room was a young adult with strawberry blonde hair, she wore square glasses, a yellow shirt and an ashy brown skirt.

*DING DONG*

Gohan's eyes everted towards the apartment with intrigue as the woman was about to answer it, not even acknowledging the half Saiyan's presence.

"Colleen is that you again?" The woman asked in fluent English.

Gohan caught on to this and assumed that this was taking place somewhere west of Japan, most likely America.