three - district nine + capitol - reaping

district nine:

before my brain can even register it, she reaches into the girls bowl and pulls out a slip of paper.

just for suspense she takes aggressively long to open it. she unfolds each fold one by one and announces the fact she's unfolding each fold. all of the girls are hanging onto her words. we all stare and fidget. who's name will it be?

Capitol:

"and snow, you'll have the district nine girl" says casca highbottom.

out of everyone he assigns me a girl from nine. he's praying on my downfall. now i know for sure. they decide to change the rules last minute and he gives me almost no shot of winning the money.

i watch the screen as it announces who the girl is. unfortunately we all have to sit there and wait because the stupid lady is taking what feels like hours to unfold the paper.

district nine:

"and the district nine girl tribute for the tenth annual Hunger Games is Ophelia Fletcher!" she squeals excitedly.

i freeze in my tracks. my mouth opens slightly. i slowly turn and take a step toward the walkway. i look around at everyone staring at me. my breathing quickens.

"that's right, come on up hun!"

i remember that my sister is watching so i look back to try and see her face before i go all the way up. i see her struggling to get to me while sobbing. the camera people notice me looking at her so they turn their cameras on her. they film her sadness for all of Panem to view. i swallow and turn back around. as i walk forward i notice one of the boys making jokes and mocking my sister crying.

my full attention turns towards them. i stop and stand in front of their spots. i kick one their legs as i hard as i can. he falls to the floor struggling in pain. i turn back and go up the stairs to where the bowls are.

a peacekeeper pulls out a whip and slashes me. i fall to the ground. she completely ignores me on the ground and chooses the boy tribute.

Capitol:

as we see her kick a boy in the crowd the whole room gasps. i watch closely. there is not a clear reason that is shown on why she kicked him. someone who must know and love her was being shown crying. she looked sad looking back at the girl crying. but as soon as she turned, she kicked the boy.

she walks up the steps and one of the peacekeepers whipped her. she falls although it is not clear where she had been hit. as she is laying on the ground the boy is announced. a girl sitting behind me is assigned to be his mentor. he walks up quickly and silently.

ophelia slowly stands back up on her own. she takes a spot near the boy tribute which i believe is named Panlo. they shake hands and they get dragged away by peacekeepers. the district ten reaping quickly switches onto the screen.

my shots are slim. almost nothing. almost.