eight - the capitol - questions

we all get thrown back into the fenced area. the familiarity feels calming. in the most least-calming way. compared to everything else it still felt kind of nice though.

i only ended up with scrapes, scratches, and a couple of cuts. the only thing on my mind is if coriolanus will be alright. tomorrow is our recorded interviews with a large live audience. i have no clue what to do. this apparently could save me if i win the rich people over.

how do i get them to donate? how can i win? where's coriolanus? i cant sleep. will i be able to win? what if i die right away? how will my sister be able to live by herself? what if coriolanus is severely hurt? or worse?

my mind races with questions that have no answer for now. all i can do for now is try my best to fall asleep and be rested for tomorrow. after all, the whole Capitol and more will see me on their televisions.

***

the next morning i wake up to people talking. the girl called Coral is shit talking a younger boy. he looks upset. i listen closely to try and hear what she's saying.

"at least i have a chance. i at least i have two arms!" she spits in his face. his lip quivers at her words.

"aww you gonna cry?" he backs up and moves to his district partner.

"it's alright you'll get her in the arena" says his partner trying to calm him down.

i look over to a corner of other tributes who are sleeping through the commotion. their calmness calms me at least for minute. i collect my thoughts and come back to reality once again.

soon the peacekeepers should be brining us to prepare for the interviews. i make sure my rose is still doing fine. it is slowly drooping downward.

"everyone up!" yells a peacekeeper. everyone stands up and walks over to the fence.

he unlocks the door and pulls out each tribute. an individual peacekeeper goes with each tribute. we  all walk in a long line. peacekeeper on the left, tribute on the right.

we walk for a while until we enter a large building. as we enter, the people sitting at their desks faces drop. a sudden tension fills the air. everyone who normally works in the building is clearly anxious.

we continue on our line down a long hallway and we wait for further direction. a little while later the man from the interview on first day comes into the hallway.

"well hello everyone!" he says with a cheery expression.

some people mumble a "hi" back. most stay silent.

"so, we're going to do quick interviews. we will go in order from district one, to district 12 in girl then boy tribute order. you will be live so make sure you say what's appropriate to say. all the Capitol will hear!"

i swallow nervously and my mind is blank. what am i supposed to do to get sponsors? i don't have any special talents. nothing is to interesting about me. coriolanus would know. but he's not here to help right now.