fifteen - viewing room - scared

viewing room:

the screen flickers on.

"and here we have it folks. let's take a look."

i hear my heart beating through my chest.

"and we had, drumroll please," we all sit in silence "okay, never mind the drumroll then. we had four deaths since last night"

"this means that there are only nine remaining tributes" he continues.

is ophelia one of them?

"let's turn the cameras from last night on. we had some of our crew and Gamemakers go through the footage to find out how each of the recently deceased tributes have become deceased."

"this will also show us which tributes have died since we last were here"

jesus christ can you hurry this up already.

"here we go." he says when he clicks a remote and the screen changes to the arena.

"first death is up here now" he says as we watch a tribute get killed.

a mentor stands and leaves.

"second one" another scene plays. another mentor leaves.

"third" tribute dies, mentor leaves.

"and finally, the fourth" i think you can guess what happened.

"alrighty, now the cameras will show what is happening currently inside of the arena. you will be able to see your tribute."

i calm down a bit when ophelia isn't shown in the compilation. she's still out there. although she might not be alright physically.

the small screens around the largest screen show most of the areas that aren't the main space. the main screen shows the area that had the weapons and that is where the Games had started.

i watch the biggest one. suddenly two small figures come into the space. one is small and the other is even smaller. they move closer into the middle and more into focus and view on the screen. they are the only tributes in this area.

that's when it hits me. one of them is ophelia. the other one she's with who seems quite small is not a tribute i can specifically remember from this far.

i watch intently on ophelia. she looks around the room a lot and finally lands on what seems to be the camera we are watching from. she runs over to the wall in which the camera is placed on.

more people run onto the screen. she hears this and turns around. i recognize the smaller girl as wovey. the youngest tribute. coral and her group are the new people on the screen.

my breath shakes as i watch what is about to play out.

"well, well, well. you though you could hide and run? well guess what? we will always find you" taunts coral.

they form a circle around ophelia and wovey. they are fully inclosed by the others.

"oh god" i whisper to myself. fear has invaded my voice.

"you will never be able to win against us. you will always lose. say it pretty girl. say it"

"no." she states.

"excuse me?"

"no. i will not say it. i will not say it because i have not given up on myself. in fact i won't give up on myself until i am dead"

"it seems as though you'll be giving up on yourself soon then."

i can see how ophelia lifts her chin up ever so slightly. she's holding her ground.

"ophelia, i'm scared" says little wovey tugging on ophelia's dress.

"it'll all be okay" she says quieter while looking down at wovey.

"don't lie to her. you'll both be dead soon. you should be scared" the camera focuses in on wovey's face. she's about to cry.