10

The Tennessee Titans play their first game of the season today. I've settled in nicely to this job. No one has found out about Miles and me, but he has also been preparing for the game. He only walked me to my car twice this week, having to practice longer on other days. I tried not to let it hurt, but we aren't in a relationship.

It hasn't been weird between us, but we haven't talked about hanging out again. We haven't had time to, which I've been telling myself. He did ask for my number, finally, and we texted some. It usually involved talking about work. I discovered he loves to gossip and share secrets about his teammates. Weird enough, it makes me feel like I belong there.

He's walked up to me on the field once, and Caleb and another guy were with him. They wanted a group picture, but I think Miles was looking for a way to talk to me. We never discussed what we were doing, but I would rather he not talk to me on the field. I don't want assumptions to be made, and I don't want to lose this job.

Picking an outfit for today was hard. I ordered some fan gear, so I'll settle on khakis and my Titans football shirt. I didn't buy anything with anyone's last name on it, though I did want to make him jealous. I'll have a vest on over the shirt anyway.

My best friends are coming to watch the game too. Caleb told Brooke to bring them so they could watch. Emma could pick out a man she likes if they meet afterward. Amber and Caleb were attached at the hip. They spent almost every night together, which I envied. I wanted to ask Miles to come over, but he always seems so busy. I mean, he is the quarterback and has a lot of stress on him. The entire team and fans depend on him to win.

They were playing the Carolina Panthers, and I hoped they would win. I have yet to watch Miles play in an actual game, but I know he can beat them; I think a high school team could. Ive spent my nights watching clips of him online, learning why the entire female population has chosen him as their favorite quarterback. The way he slings hit wet hair after he takes his helmet off almost sent me into a coma. It was hot. I know he has to do it on purpose. It creates sales for him and the team.

I was excited to photograph my first professional football game. These men are the best players in the country. They're celebrities, and I'm nervous to be so close to them. It's a different atmosphere here than at the college. The stadium isn't packed with thousands of teenagers who go to school; I don't know how to describe the different feelings, but this one makes me feel more alive. Maybe it's the money I'm earning for being here.

The game was about to start. I was walking to the field to capture the team coming out of the tunnel. I hadn't seen Miles to wish him good luck and to play hard. I wanted him to know I was cheering for him, but he was impossible to find, and I wasn't going to the locker room.

The stadium was packed with fans ready for the season's first game. Miles's jersey was the popular outfit for today's game, as I could see every few people wearing a jersey with the number thirteen. A lot of them were women.

Smoke fills the tunnel, and soon enough, the team is running to the field, Miles leading them. He looked incredibly handsome in his uniform, and I secretly wanted to take it off him after the game. I wasn't giving my hopes up yet, though.

The team wanders to the sideline, and maybe this is my shot at talking to him. I follow them closely behind, hoping he would have a second alone. When I see him sitting on the bench alone, I almost squeal. I walk up behind him, placing my hands on either side of his arms, and whisper, "Boo."

He jumps and whips around with a smile, "Hey, you." He stands and walks around to me, and I forget how much taller he is than me. "I tried to find you earlier."

My mouth drops open, "I was trying to find you! I wanted to tell you good luck."

"Thanks. I love this look on you, by the way."