31

The best part about being post-season is that we finally get some time off. No more having to go to the stadium every day for a few weeks. Until spring training begins.

Miles technically is never off. He has spent hours in the gym all week to keep up his training to be better next season.

The only way I got him to relax for a few days was to talk him into going on vacation, but I let him pick the place, and I'm still not sure it'll go well. He picked Vegas, which is where we are now, getting ready to head out for the night.

We decided to invite all our friends to come with us. Riley and Emma didn't bring anyone with us. Miles hadn't said a word to Emma or his sister about anything. They don't even know that he knows. It's like he just blurred it from his mind.

We decided to stay at the Venetian since it is towards the middle of the strip. I didn't realize how fucking large these buildings were. I swear I've walked over twenty thousand steps today.

I wore a black jumpsuit that was cut in a V down to the middle of my stomach. It was incredibly sexy, and I would have never worn it until Miles saw it and made me put it on. It shows off every curve I have, and my breasts are on full display, but hey, we're in Vegas.

I wore black heels and checked my hair and makeup one last time before finding Miles staring outside the hotel room window down at the Las Vegas Strip. The view was breathtaking. We were so high up that we could see everything; people looked like ants from up here.

I walked behind Miles, wrapping my hand around his shoulder, "I'm finally ready."

He unfolds his arms and looks down at me as he eyes me up and down. I blush as his eyes rake down my body, lingering on my breasts. His arm wraps around my waist as he pulls me in, "Julia, you look beautiful. Wait- no. You look fucking sexy."

I smile, looking down at all the skin I'm showing. "Not used to this kind of outfit."

His fingers trace up the front of my stomach, tracing over my breasts and to my throat. He wraps his hand around the back of my neck, leaning down and kissing me. "I'm not going to be able to keep my eyes off your boobs."

I laugh, "Well, it's a good thing we're in Vegas. I'm sure there are far worse outfits people are wearing tonight." I grab my purse, and we head to the lobby. Miles booked us a ride on a gondola, which I thought was super romantic.

The sun was setting behind the gigantic building when we got to the water to get on the gondola. It was picture-perfect.

The gondolier offers his hand to me to step inside, and Miles follows me. There was hardly anyone here since it was mid-week in February. It was a little chilly out here, but Miles sitting beside me was warming enough.

The gondolier rows us across the hotel's river as he sings a romantic lullaby in Italian. I lean into Miles as we relax and watch the hotel's surroundings.

Miles clears his throat, "Julia?" He asks, his fingers dancing across my shoulders.

"Miles," I say, turning to look at him.

"Is it," he pauses, looking embarrassed. "Is it cliché to ask you to marry me while we're in Vegas?"

I laugh, "I don't think it would be."

"Good." He shifts, the boat slowly rocking from his movements. His hand darts into his dress pants, pulling out a blue box, and I gasp. I didn't realize he was going to do it now. Oh my God.