14

The Titans pulled off another win earlier today against the Falcons, so everyone was in the mood to party, but this time, I am going since I promised Hailey I would bring her the next time we all went out.

After the game, I rode home with the girls to shower and get ready. Hailey followed us, and she would get ready here, too.

Miles was coming over anytime now to meet us, and I still had yet to tell Hailey the truth about the two of us. She thinks we're just friends, but I know I will be all over him tonight, so she will find out anyway.

My first photo was taken in the tabloids when Miles took me on our date. He ended up taking me to a fancy steakhouse, which was delicious. I honestly loved the photo of us; we both looked happy. We held hands as we walked inside the restaurant, and he bent over, listening to something I was telling him. Both of us were grinning. My outfit looked sexy. It was a total win.

"I need to tell you something," I tell Hailey as I do my mascara.

She stands next to me, staring into my mirror as she curls her dark brown hair, "what is it?"

"Miles and I are seeing each other. I don't know why I didn't tell you that the other day."

She laughs, "Honey, I knew the second you stepped out of that truck with him. You two were all over each other. And I saw the picture of you two at dinner. Cute dress, by the way."

I blush, "Well. Okay then. That's settled. I just didn't want it to shock you when he walks in here in a few minutes."

"Is Owens coming here too?" It throws me off that she calls them by their last names.

"Yes, he will most likely come with Miles." I point to Amber, who stands in the kitchen sipping on a seltzer, and say, "She's dating him. They're like in love."

She looks up at the mention of love and rolls her eyes with a smile. She walks towards us, standing in the doorway to my bedroom, "Don't worry, I've already made sure Ryals will be there tonight," she winks at Hailey.

Hailey blushes, "Thanks. I am way more nervous than I need to be. I think it's because I am about to hang out with these men beyond the football field."

I hear the front door fly open, followed by two loud voices, "Ladies, we have arrived." I recognized the voice as Caleb followed my footsteps, heading towards my door as I continued to apply the mascara.

"Hey sexy, you almost- oh shit, sorry, didn't know you had company." Miles freezes as he looks inside my room to see Hailey next to me. "Hello."

I snap the mascara bottle shut and stand, walking over to him, stepping on my tippy toes, and kissing him. "Hey," I pull away and walk over to Hailey, "This is Hailey. She's one of the photographers."

Miles steps closer, holding his hand out for her to shake, "Good to meet you. How much longer you gonna be?"

I look down at my robe, "I just need to change. Can you come pick something out for me? I'm being indecisive." I walk over to my closet, throw the door open, and walk in, staring at the too many options.

Miles follows me, stunned by the sight, "You would color code your closet, freak."

I playfully punch his arm, "Shut up and get to work."

He grunts before going through my closet, piece by piece. "Wear this," he takes a lilac purple satin backless dress with a slit off the hanger and hands it to me.

I begin to unfold my robe to see him still staring at me. "Are you not leaving?"

"Of course not; someone's got to tie the back," he grins, drooling at the fact he's about to see my naked body. I roll my eyes before letting the robe fall to the floor and slipping the dress on. I grab the pasties off the dresser to slip on over my nipples to cover them, and Miles looks at me in horror, "What the hell are those?"

I laugh as I place them on, "they cover your titties when you can't wear a bra." I walk over and stand in front of him so he can tie the back. His choice of dress is particularly scandalous, but obviously, he does not care as he ties the back.

I grab my white heels to go with them and a white clutch to match. Before I walked out of the closet, Miles stopped me, whispering, "You're not even wearing undies."

I shrug with a smirk, "gets in the way."

"Fuck," his hand slides under the slit in my dress, his hand reaching around to my ass. He grasps it before jerking it away, "You are gonna be killing me all fuckin night, Jules."

"At least you'll be the one to take it off," I taunt him, walking past him back into my room where the others wait. "Let's go," I announce to everyone.

We all begin the walk towards Broadway. Emma is talking Hailey's ear off, filling her in on everyone's business. At least now she'll be caught up.

Miles's arm is wrapped loosely around my neck as he tells me about one of his teammates during the game. "I seriously thought he was two seconds from killing him. I mean, coach had to pull him out of the game before he got thrown out for unsportsmanlike conduct."

"Why does he hate him so much?"

"He won't say, but we're pretty sure the guy fucked his wife."

"I'd want to kill him too, then."

There is a long line outside Kid Rock's Honky Tonk bar, and Miles flashes the bouncer a smile, "Hey, Tony. How's it going tonight?"

Tony shakes his head in disappointment, "Adults being adults. You played great earlier." He opens the rope to let us through, "Have a good one, guys."

"Oh my God, that's Miles Moore and Caleb Owens," a girl whisper-shouts to her friend, "we are so getting in, I don't care what it takes."

Miles leads the way to the VIP section where all the other guys are, his hand on my back, keeping me close. I feel so important right now; no one could bring me down. It was nice being noticed for once.

"There they are!" One of the guys shouts, inviting all of us in. Miles walks up to him and greets him with a handshake. "Nice to see you could make it this week, Moore." Miles laughs. The guy looks down at me and behind me, "You know you brought our photographers here, right?"

Miles laughs, pulling me closer to him, "This is Julia. Julia, that's Turner. He's number eighty-nine on the team."

I perk up, "middle linebacker." I can name someone off the back of their jersey, but I need to figure out what they look like off the field. Maybe I've been watching too much football.

Turner nods, "That's me." Turner looks rough, to be honest. Did he shower before he came here, or is he a sweaty drunk?

Hailey grabs me, pulling me away from the sweaty man, "I see Ryals. I'm going to say hey."

"Do I need to come with you?"

She shakes her head, "I should be fine. Hopefully, I can hold a conversation for longer than thirty seconds."

She walked away, and I headed to the bar to grab a drink, leaving Miles to talk to that guy. I lean against the counter, waiting for the bartender to notice me. A rock band plays loudly on the other side of the room, and I can barely hear myself. The bartender finally took my order, and I had to shout it twice for him to hear.

Christ.

He handed me the two beers, and I paid for them. I thought I'd be nice and get Miles a drink for once.

When I turned around, he was surrounded by a group of girls who were too touchy for my liking. He stares down at a blonde girl as he talks to her, and there is a pain in my chest.

"You'll get used to it," a man says from behind me. I whip my head around to look at him. Shit. He caught me staring. The man is gorgeous. I mean, model gorgeous. His brunette hair was cut into a mullet, almost making me weak at the knees. He had the greenest eyes and a small but large build, and I suddenly couldn't take my eyes off him. "Asher Barnett. Tight-end."

"Julia. You're a damn good football player. That last catch was impressive."

He smiles, "Lots of practice. But seriously, don't stress about the girls. It just takes time to get used to them being all over us."

I turn around to see Miles still talking to the girls. I notice one girl's hand resting on his forearm. How long does it take to get used to it?