Part 2

Amusement washed over me as I laughed uncontrollably at the sheer absurdity of the situation. My stepmother stood there, her eyes filled with a mix of shock and disgust, hissing her thoughts on my future regrets. Undeterred by her words, I looked at her with utter disdain as she ran off, undoubtedly nursing both her physical and wounded ego. With the incident behind me, I ventured downstairs in search of breakfast. My father sat at the table, quietly eating his meal, while my stepmother was busily cleaning up. My step sister stared at me, visibly surprised by my presence and the fact that I appeared unscathed. "Alice," she asked incredulously, "where in the world were you last night? And how on earth did you manage to come out of it unscathed?" Without missing a beat, I replied, "I was at a friend's house and got home late, around 11:30 p.m." I sneaked up to my room, knowing full well that my stepmother was anxiously awaiting an explanation for my absence. Curiosity mingled with outrage as my stepbrother finally took notice of the commotion. He shouted at me, accusingly demanding to know why I had dared to slap our mother figure. Undeterred by his outburst, I calmly affirmed my actions, stating that, indeed, I had slapped her. In response, he threatened me with five hundred lashes and confinement in the dark confines of our dungeon for a week. Seizing the moment, I stood up and walked toward him, our eyes locked in a silent battle of wills. And then, in a voice infused with both defiance and curiosity, I asked him, "Who gave you the authority to dictate such punishments?""I went downstairs for breakfast, and to my surprise, my father was already seated at the table, enjoying his meal. However, my stepmother was busy clearing the dishes, seemingly unfazed by my presence. As I entered the room, my step sister's gaze fell on me, and her expression instantly changed to one of shock and disbelief. It was as if she couldn't believe that I was clean and, well, alive. She approached me with genuine concern in her voice and asked, 'Alice, where in the world were you last night? We were worried sick!' To be honest, I wasn't surprised by her reaction at all. It had become somewhat of a pattern for me to come home late after spending time with my friends. Nonchalantly, I replied, 'I was at a  friend's house, and things got a bit late. I snuck up to my room around 11:30 p.m.' It was at this moment that my stepmother, who had been silently observing the conversation, made her presence known. Without warning, I impulsively slapped her, the frustration and animosity between us finally boiling over. The room fell into stunned silence as my action reverberated through the air. My step brother, who had been absorbed in his own thoughts until now, suddenly snapped out of it and looked at me in disbelief. He shouted in a mixture of anger and shock, 'You slapped mother?' I didn't hesitate, and with a sense of defiance, responded calmly, 'Yes, I did.' His face flushed with rage as he lashed out, '500 lashes for you, and you're to be locked in the dungeon for a week!' Against all odds, instead of cowering in fear or remorse, I stood my ground. I walked towards him, looking him square in the eye, ready to face whatever consequences lay ahead. Taking a deep breath, I uttered in a calm yet resolute tone, 'No, I won't accept your punishment without a fight. We need to have a conversation, and there are issues that need to be addressed. We can't continue like this any longer.' The authority responsible for granting me the power to reprimand you remains undisclosed.

However, it is pertinent to note that following a series of events, an altercation occurred between us. Initially, I administered a light slap in response to your actions. Despite this initial act, you proceeded to physically engage with me, prompting me to deliver another, more forceful slap as a means of self-defence. Simultaneously, I firmly admonished you, cautioning against any further attempts to incite me, emphasising the consequences would be severe, potentially resulting in physical harm. Subsequently, with no recourse left for resolution, I ventured towards the kingdom, harbouring intentions to witness the impending punishment of my step-brother, whom I discovered was anxiously anticipating his own retribution for transgressions committed. The moment for my retaliation has arrived; it is time for her to face the consequences of her actions. It all began in the bustling Town Square, when she audaciously approached me, issuing a challenge for a fierce battle in the arena. To her surprise, and to the astonishment of the onlookers, I gleefully accepted this provocation. Upon arriving at the arena, a multitude had gathered around her, intrigued by the impending duel. Secretly, I could not help but chuckle at the irony, as my stepsister possessed little to no combat prowess — she couldn't even confront a mere mouse, let alone engage in a skillful altercation. Truly, her lack of judgement was baffling. Despite her incompetence, the desire for retribution burned within me, compelling me to proceed with the battle. With only three minutes remaining until the confrontation commences, anticipation fills the air. The clamour of the crowd creates an electric atmosphere, its whispers building up the tension. The stage is set for an intense and memorable encounter.However, despite my efforts to reason with her, she refused to accept my explanation. Instead, she attempted to physically harm me, lashing out with her fists. Fortunately, I was able to swiftly evade her attacks, effortlessly sidestepping her punches. In a display of my superior physicality, I deftly subdued her and held her down. With a firm but measured tone, I warned her that any further attempts to harm me would not go unpunished. Leaving her seething with anger and suspicion, I decided it was best to distance myself from the situation and walked away. Later that evening, during dinner, tensions still lingered. My step-brother found himself in trouble, confined to his room for reasons unbeknownst to me. Meanwhile, my sister, ever the opportunist, sought to cause trouble by fabricating a false story about me. She claimed that I had violently pinned her to the ground and issued threats. As she incessantly prattled on, my stepmother's gaze remained fixed on me, an imposing glare that conveyed unspoken disapproval. Underneath this unforgiving scrutiny, my sister's words rang hollow. Taking a moment to gather my thoughts amidst the commotion, I decided to steer the conversation towards a more constructive path. In a measured tone, I expressed my genuine desire to pursue education at the highest level. It was my aspiration to attend the finest school available, recognizing that the pursuit of knowledge and personal development were vital aspects of my growth as an individual.