Part 7

A horrifying realisation swept over me as memories of high school flooded back-an unhealthy obsession hiding behind the façade of teenage love.

The Red Wolf had once been my boyfriend before his increasing possessiveness forced me to end our relationship.

The thought of him had become buried deeply within the recesses of my mind, and I naively believed he had moved on too.

But it was now brutally clear that he hadn't forgotten, and his lingering infatuation with me was paving the way for unfathomable consequences.

With each wild beat of my heart, I let out a gut-wrenching scream-a desperate cry echoing the madness consuming me.

The following days were a whirlwind of activity, preparations underway for a lavish wedding.

My stepmother busied herself with organising the event, while I could do little but stare at my reflection in the mirror.

The girl staring back at me looked like a stranger; a hollow shell of the person I once was.

How had things gotten so twisted? I thought, shaking my head.

My mind drifted to the last time I saw the Red Wolf, recalling how his cold gaze had pierced right through me.

I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being hunted.

In a sudden burst of courage, I resolved to seek an audience with the Red Wolf.

With a determined step, I left my quarters and navigated the castle's corridors, the guards' curious glances following my every move.

After a few wrong turns, I finally found myself standing outside the Red Wolf's office, a flurry of butterflies in my stomach.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door, waiting for a response.

A deep, gravelly voice answered,

"Come in."

My hand trembled slightly as I grasped the handle and opened the door.

I entered the room, taking in the sight before me,

the Red Wolf sitting behind his desk, his sharp eyes studying me intently.

"What do you want?"

He asked bluntly, his voice betraying no emotion

. I cleared my throat, stealing my resolve.

"I want to call off the wedding."

The Red Wolf's eyes narrowed dangerously, and he stood up, slowly circling around his desk until he was standing right in front of me.

He towered over me, his intimidating presence filling the room.

"That's not an option," he said firmly.

"We're getting married, and there's nothing you can do about it."

"But I don't love you," I protested, taking a step back.

The Red Wolf let out a low, menacing chuckle.

"You don't have to,"

he said, his voice dropping an octave.

"You're mine now, and that's all that matters."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

This couldn't be happening.

My legs began to tremble, and my heart raced wildly in my chest.

The Red Wolf closed the distance between us, his gaze intense and predatory.

"Don't worry, Alice," he murmured, his breath hot in my ear.

"You'll learn to love me, just like I love you."

With that, he pressed his lips against mine, kissing me roughly.

I struggled to push him away, but his strong arms held me tightly against him.

I felt tears welling up in my eyes as he deepened the kiss, his tongue forcing its way into my mouth.

I tried to fight back, but the Red Wolf was too powerful.

I was completely at his mercy, and there was nothing I could do to stop him.

I could only hope and pray that someone would save me before it was too late.