kabhi kabhi

a/n: during udaariyaan days

she was as bright as sunshine, spreading laughter and warmth with each word, touch, and look. her laughter had been her most alluring feature- so honest and sincere- it captured her perfectly.  it was easy to tell she was an extrovert, someone that mixed in with everyone around her with an easy smile. the type of smile that leaves you standing while thinking about her for a second longer than needed. 

"mein toh aise hi hoon. mujhe baat karne mein acha lagta hain" she chatted with someone on the set. he didn't mean to pry but he couldn't help but be drawn towards her. 

they had introduced themselves already and she had been very friendly leaving him confused on how to respond. most of the short time they had already spent together mainly consisted of her talking and him acknowledging her, here and there. 

he never engaged by himself in any conversation with her, nor was he the first one to try and get to know her. he didn't do things like that- he didn't like to stay attached. 

she didn't think she'd like his brooding nature nor his curt responses but somehow she had been drawn to him as well. 

"acha hai madam, aap bohot cheerful ho set pe" the other set member responded, and ankit moved forward making his presence known. 

she turned to him instantly and a stunning smile painted itself onto her lips, her eyes sparkled as she motioned for him to sit next to her. he wasn't one to interact much, nor was he prone to touch as much as she was. she would brush past him, pull his arm towards her and even hug him out of nowhere. it wasn't that he didn't like it but he was afraid of how much he seemed to be liking her. 

"aur yeh admi joh hai woh bohot kadoos hai" she said as she shoved him playfully and he nodded in agreement, going along with her playfulness. 

"badi opposites hain hum" he said, traces of truth to his words and she nodded agreeing with him. they did have contrast personalities at first glance, but the deeper they got to know each other and the more interwined they became in each other's lives- the more they realised their souls were one. 

she tells him about her rather eventful morning, and he tries focusing in but she had a very distracting smile on her face and of course the fact that most of the time he didn't like spending with other people and preferred solitude. he felt relieved when the director called her for a shot, and he slumped back in his seat, grateful for the momentary silence. 

it wasn't anything against her at all, but he preferred to remain to himself- in his own zone. she respected his wishes to a certain extent but since she was the complete contrast of him- she would bustle into his life one way or another. at times he got rather frustrated, and even spoke rather rudely. at first he could tell she felt offended but he had told her that he wasn't an outgoing person to which she understood. 

'

months pass by and they have quite a good amount of fights in between. if he was being honest, he didn't ever think he could get into a fight with anyone on set mainly because he always felt he couldn't care to the extent of actually being hurt by them. but he felt priyanka was different, he cared about her deeply and she had become so close to him without him even realizing it. he cautiously allowed her into his life and even earned himself the title of being her best friend, truth be told, he liked it. 

she was comforting to him, but this was something that he hadn't told her. if he really thought about it, he hadn't told her half the good things he thought about her. he knew this annoyed her, that he wouldn't express himself- it also led to a good amount of their arguments.