aadaat

part one:

"fateh i love you" jasmine confesses and he stands rooted to the ground as he watches her burn her passport. the paper catches on fire and spreads quickly, he doesn't intervene till it burns fully and once it does, he's left in complete shock. "dekho yeh meri sachi pyaar hai"

he takes a step back from her, he feels his head spin and his temples throbbing at what had just happened in front of him. 

"you love me too right" jasmine tries moving closer towards him, but he takes contionous steps back unsure. "i know you're married but fateh we cant run from our feelings"

"i don't know what you want" he says, his voice growing dry. "i'm married to tejo. and i - refuse to hurt her so whatever you're thinking will not happen"

"divorce kar lo" jasmine offers once she realises that fateh wouldn't be running an affair with her. 

something tugs in him, at the sound of divorce. it was as if he couldn't do it, and almost as if he didn't want to do it. they had become increasingly close over the past few days and even broke the line of friendship yet hadn't taken the final step that night at the cottage during the rain. yet he couldn't forget how his heart raced at their close proximity nor how her tantalizing scent drove him insane. even the simple things drove him insane like the urge to see her every hour of the day or make her laugh.

there was more to them. 

but jasmine and him had something different. he loved her, right? she was his true love and she had done everything to undo the hurt- she had got rid of the one thing that had started all their problems in the first place. 

but..

"i can't do this.. i don't know what to say i-" he steps away from her and walks away, trying to ignore jasmine calling him in the background as he gets into his jeep and drives away. 

he needs to see tejo. 

she's the first person that comes to his mind when he's in a problem, she acted as a calming factor to the anger he tries hard to tame. jasmine's words and actions continue to replay in his head and he's confused, utterly. 

it made sense in his head that he loved her, but for some reason the happiness he was supposed to feel wasn't there. instead he feels fear, at the possibility that he would lose tejo. 

once he parks his jeep, he doesn't waste a second before rushing out to find her. in a haste he runs through the corridors, and finally he finds her, but the sight in front of him causes annoyance. he fists his hand as he sees tejo laughing with a young male professor in close proximity. contrary, tejo looks stunning, her hair was bundled up into a messy bun with strands escaping at every side and for a change she was dressed in a dark green cotton saree. he can't believe he didn't get to see her in the morning, because of jasmine. and this causes him to hate jasmine as much as he does for the heartbreak she gave him. 

yet when he sees that the male professor pushes her shoulder playfully, something snaps in him. "tejo!"

she turns and theres a small smile on her face, followed by confusion. his hands itch to hold her, and he walks over to them and pulls her closer to him subtly. tejo's surprised at his actions but doesn't waste much time in making introductions, "fateh, this is anil. a good friend of mine, who recently shifted to work here. and rahul, this is fateh.."

before she can say anything, fateh cuts of her off, "her husband"

she clicks her tongue in agreement, and fateh notices how anil's face grows slightly surprised at this like he didn't expect fateh to be the one to say it. it hit him a second later that news of about their marriage details spread- mainly that the both of them were forced and there was no love. for some reason, it bothered him deeply this time.