mera dost

priyanka painted her nails a dark red, and listened to something archana was telling her about. it was a rather lazy day in bigg boss, they had a small task to do and surprisingly no fights occurred. 

"ankit aur soundarya kidhere hain?" archana asks mid conversation as if suddenly remembering them. priyanka sits up a bit straighter and trys to push down her annoyance at the sound of their names being placed together. 

"mujhe kya pata"' she mumbles, and continues painting her nails. 

"tumara boyfriend ho aur tumko nahi pata. aise ho sakta hai kya?" archana teases, though there was a hint of genuine curiosity. "aur woh humesha tumse hi attached haina"

"boyfriend nahi" she corrects, applying another coat onto her fingertips. "and we're not always together"

"jute" archana replies, moving around to grab a piece of food from their ration. priyanka rolls her eyes and continues painting her nails, but she can't seem to surpress the annoyance that fills her. 

granted, she got easily jealous as she was possessive in his case- yet it wasn't that she was mad he was socialising with other people. she was actually very happy that he was making more friends, and could enjoy himself with other people as it benefited him.  yet, what really bothered her was the distance that they had suddenly been maintaining. ever since she had realised how bad her caring nature had been affecting her game, they had made a decision to keep at least a bit of distance between them. 

except sleeping next to each other, that wasn't negotiable- according to ankit. 

she smiles at the thought, he had told her that it wasn't up for discussion nor compromise and as always she melted. of course, she didn't want to sleep away from him either but she was stressed about everything, and she knew that staying in big boss required a lot of mental strength as it can take a lot away from you as all the days roll into one. 

"kidhere kho gaye?" archana asks, taking a bite from a banana as she sits herself opposite to priyanka. "ankit mein kho gaye aree"

priyanka laughs before saying, "tu bhi kuch bhi bol-

"sahi bolti" ankit says cutting her sentence off as he walked into the room. 

"dekho agaya" archana snaps her fingers together with a teasing smile, before sending a wink towards ankit who grins in response, and priyanka shakes her head at her antics.  "teek hai bhai, mein jaa rahe hoon aap dono ko privacy dete hi"

priyanka flings a pillow at her but misses as archana rushes out the door with a loud laugh. ankit flops onto the bed, and rests his head on her shoulder and watches her finish painting her nails. she shifts making him more comfortable, and an automatic smile plays on her lips suddenly feeling all her annoyance wash away. 

"did you eat?" ankit asks her, as she tightens the lid of the nail polish bottle before placing it on the small sidetable. 

"yes, did you?" she asks, she knew the answer to this as she saw him eat with the others. though she had only told him to do that, it still hurt- not only her but him as well.  

ankit was starting to resent the big boss house, priyanka was his only comfort and here she was pushing him away. what hurt more was that he couldn't bear to see how she was getting affected by the house and all the taunts she had to hear on a daily basis. she never let her weakness show and stood strong, which he was incredibly proud of her for, but he could always tell when he started to see the light dim in her eyes. he knew he was part of the reason, his introverted nature had created a lot of problems for them, as it might have set false pretenses, but now he was trying his hardest to change for the better.