yaad

priyanka stares up at the ceiling, and breathes a deep breath. the show was winding down, and it was close to the end, they were reaching the final stretch of the race. she had made a good friend in tina, and felt that this was a true bond that she would carry out of the show as well. 

yet at times she found herself lost in old memories, of a certain someone. 

ankit. 

she missed him, desperately. over the weeks, she had adapted to his absence as she immersed herself into the game, but during certain nights she would miss his comforting presence. 

tina had been telling her that she had a feeling that she would leave soon, and priyanka tried her best to console her and instill some self confidence but then again, priyanka herself knew how tricky the game was. she was sad, that the other good friend she had was leaving her too and now the taunts of the mandali gang would grow to a higher extent. 

though she had archana to talk to, she knew how unpredictable she was and couldn't trust her completely. she knew she didn't need anyone, she was confident and driven in herself and for the game. but during certain nights, she recollects memories of her and ankit in the house. 

she remembers their every fight from the big ones to the small meaningless ones, and she remembers patchups too. she misses his hugs, his scent and the way she felt safe in his arms. she misses his handsome smile, and the certain look he used to give her and all his antics to make her smile. 

she sits up in her bed, and leans against the headrest while fiddling with the bracelet he had given her before leaving. she remembers how he was hesitant to hand it over, worried about it making her emotional while she got mad at him for starting a fight just as he was leaving. she didn't realise it then, but after a while she knew the true reason why he was hesitant to give it to her. he knew that the housemates called her weak, and he had started to associate himself as her weakness and didn't want her to grow emotional nor weigh herself down by him. 

she wipes a stray tear away, and pulls the blanket closer to her as she cradles her knees, rocking slightly. she reaches for his jacket thats discarded near the end of her bed, and wears it. she can still smell his perfume, and her breathing calms down significantly. she recalls an incident that happened in the kitchen this morning - a tiff about the ration - even though they had plenty of ration, people in the house still needed something to fight over, and rude claims were made about her. she had stood her ground and shut them up, but sometimes these things still got to her. it's times like these, she wishes ankit was with her. he would always do something to cheer her up or reassure her- and sometimes he wouldn't even have to do anything but hug her. 

"anki i don't like the taste of this"  she exclaims, making a face and he just chuckles at her antics. they had gone out for a little outing with abhishek, and had decided to try a new little restaurant. 

priyanka usually wasn't a picky eater, but there was certain things she liked and disliked yet would hide it. but with ankit she was herself, with no filter and guards, and she was comfortable being childish. this usually resulted in her pushing all her non-favorite food items onto his plate, with a grin. 

and he would take it, with the roll of his eyes acting as if he was annoyed when he secretly found it cute all along. for him, priyanka had infiltrated his life and broken down all the barriers and guards he had put up for himself.  and he wasn't complaining, at all. 

"acha thoda toh kha le" he tries feeding her and she makes a face, but as he feigns a stern expression, she gives in and takes a bite. 

it's safe to say, it's become her favorite dish ever since that night. 

priyanka smiles as she recalls the memory, she misses the way he would take care of her. granted, she had always felt that she seemed to care more than him, and it was true that she cared about him immensely but he did too. 

paagal tha iss pyaar mein. 

'

ankit sits against the headboard of his bed and closes his eyes. it had been a long shoot day, and for some particular reason he found himself craving to see the one person he couldn't right now. 

priyanka. 

he pulls his phone out of his pocket, and opens his socials. he usually watched the episodes of big boss for her, but skipped through everyone else when she wasn't relevant, but since his shoot days got more hectic,  he just goes through clips of her- just to hear her voice and laugh, see her shining eyes and gorgeous smile. 

he missed her, like his life depended on it. 

it had hit him after the big boss, that this was the longest he had gone without seeing her everyday. to make matters worse, they had been together for the majority of their time for the past two- close to three years now.  

at first he thought it was because he was used to her, but slowly he realised it was a lot more. it scared him once again, that these feelings which he ignored for the longest time were rising once again and now their relationship were exposed to the whole world- which added more risk. 

he comes across a recent clip from the new episode, and a soft smile tugs at his lips as he listens to her words. 

"pehle toh mujhe ankit tha pyaar karni ke lie"

his heart swells with happiness, and he finds himself watching that same clip for a rather unhealthy amount of time. 

she misses him just as much as he misses her. 

after a couple of weeks of staying away from her, he found himself finding her in the smallest of things. sometimes he would make his chai, like how she liked it. he would tuck the ends of the bed sheet just how she used to do, and most importantly he started to express himself more because she had made him realize that there were people who cared and loved for him and who deserved that open reciprocation. 

not to mention the amount of times he wished to hear her laugh or the sound of her voice calling him, 'anki', with the never ending amount of adoration and fondness. 

yaad.

'

small drabble of priyankit missing each other. and i know the timeline for tina leaving and the dialogue priyankit said didn't match but oh well lolz. 

please share your feedback <3