hum tum

priyanka was reading through a script, seated down on their couch when ankit laid his head down in her lap and lay across the length of the couch, looking up at her with a smile. she played with his hair while she continued reading, and after a couple of seconds he started with a "so i was thinking.."

she flips the script close and looks at him, with a raised eyebrow. recently he had been saying things like this only to drop his previous statement and no amount of pleading or arguing would get it out of him. which was very out of character for him, because he was a very no bullshit type of guy who would also share everything with her. 

"don't even-

"i was just saying we should go out for dinner" he says with a charming smile, while reaching up to tap her nose. 

she looked rather unimpressed, "really?"

"of course, what were you thinking?" he asks, and she just rolled her eyes at his response. 

"anki" she warns and he sits up and moves to sit next to her, another cheeky smile on his face. "kya soch rahe hoon?"

"that you're pretty, very" he responds, tucking a stray strand of her behind her ear, and her eyebrow raises higher. 

"now i know there's something different. random compliments?" she claims, and he gasps taken aback. 

"i compliment all the time, you don't even respond half the time" he points out, and she meagerly smiles knowing he was right. 

"still! anki tell me what it is" she pleads, pouting.  she had work with her new webseries and soon ankit would start filming for his new show and she knew that they won't have any time, and she hated even tiny secrets between each other. 

"nothing, trust me" he states, holding her hand. she examines him for a second longer but finally caves, and leans into him instead. "so dinner?"

"sure" she responds, but sits up her eyes bright, "but food trucks?"

"you could get sick" he responds, almost in a whine but she's adamant. and with a bit more pouts and pleases from priyanka, he caves almost instantly. 

she gets up to get ready a minute later. she's dressed in a light pink kurti with jeans, and ankit watches from behind as he leans against the door when she's bundling her hair up into a bun and using a claw clip to secure her hair, though a few stray strands escape against her will. 

"you're staring" she remarks, once she turns around. 

"i know" he responds, a ghost of a smile on his face and she just shakes her head. he's dressed in a plain white shirt, and he has stubble from not shaving, one of her fave looks on him. 

she loops her arm around his and pushes him towards the door. it was a peaceful evening, the skies were painted with pink and orange hues, and it was signalling that nightfall would descend soon. 

they get their chats near a van near the beach and sit down together on a bench at the edge of the beach where the sand seeped over to the parking lot. he feeds her a bite of his and she copies him. 

"this is really good" she says in between bites, and the sounds of the waves crashing together fill the background. 

he hums in response and the finish in silence, looking around to the bustling street with voices and the calmness of the beach, adjacent yet in contrast. 

they decide to walk along the beach, hand in hand and talk about the small everyday things of their lives. it's mundane but it's home. 

"so i was thinking, that we could go on a trip" he says, when they reached comfortable silence again. 

she turns to him and they pause, the sand sinking their toes done. "really? and let me guess this is what's been on your mind?"

"yeah" he shrugs sheepishly and pulls her again to keep walking. 

"we'll be busy pretty soon" he says and she nods knowing he was right. 

"vacation it is!" she exclaims and he's slightly surprised by no resistance, because she would have had to say something rational like how it might be hard to drop their schedules for a quick getaway. 

"i didn't know it was so easy to convince you" he teases and she rolls her eyes. 

"you can be pretty persuasive" she responds, with a sweet smile. they share a laugh and continue their walk on the beach. 

life was calm and fulfilling with each other. it was serene, and perfect. 

-

very quick priyankit drabble of them just being happy <3 

vote and comment please !!