ghar

when they were doing long distance, some days were definitely harder than others but they got through it because for the both of them, they had been through so much growth and learning as well as pain that being together wasn't a task. most couples do a lot of trying to fix their relationship to make it ideal but they did everything they could to work on it yet  to be there for the other even when they couldn't completely understand the others point of view. yet they  never did they have to work to save their relationship or try desperately to make things work -- everything always worked out between them. 

it was possibly because they had loved each other before they started dating. and all the longing, mutual pining and angst had finally been released into love- one they were allowed to express. no fear of crossing lines or losing each other but boundless amounts of love and happiness, which they had attained after overcoming a lot of internal struggles. 

living without each other had been difficult, but there would a different level of giddiness that came when they would meet once a month, or a few more times in between if they really couldn't go without seeing each other.  he would make sure to always take two days off, and on the first day they would be inseperable and extra clingy towards each other, not make plans with anyone else because they needed that whole day to themselves, while the second day they would visit their other friends living in the respective locations and have fun. 

it was during the second day that they would spend together, that ankit would sit back and admire her from afar as she laughed with their friends or even performed  simple domestic task such as making them coffee, these moments that made him feel like this is how he wanted his life to be. 

marriage was a step they were willing to take but they also wanted to enjoy their time together as well,  a step they would take when the time felt right. there was still more for them to explore through their careers that they wanted to take the personal side of their life slow, yet when ankit found out that junooyat was ending, there was a certain sense of confusion. 

he knew that he was going to go back to mumbai to look for more oppurtunites, but staying where was the question.  he didn't want it to be a question, neither did she for that matter, yet he couldn't figure the right words. would she want to stay in her own house? or was she okay with taking a step forward and living with him? maybe she wanted them to live in her house? or maybe she wanted them to live seperately?

he catches his face in his hands, mulling over everything. he didn't know why he was nervous, it was absolutely silly. it was priyanka, his priyanka, his person. 

his phone rings in his pocket and when he pulls it out, it displays her beautiful face and an automatic smile fights its way onto him. "hello, itne miss kiya-

she doesn't answer and he can hear traffic in the background, "ankii, kidhere hai jaldi aaja na. pick up kar lie mein bahar hoon"

his heart skips a beat, he would see her after a rather lengthy break and he breaks out into a quick jog with his trolley of luggage towards the exit where he could meet her. his eyes scan through the crowd of families and people reuniting and his ears hear her first, the small squeal and the rapid movement of her heels and his eyes find her soon after. she doesn't even give him a chance to get a proper look at her as she jumps onto him and he twirls her around, in pure joy. 

when they pull apart, she presses a quick kiss to his cheek and he really has to check if he isn't dreaming. that this is all real life, not the reoccuring dream he's having of meeting her again. 

"kaisa hai" she asks, and he takes her in feeling sukoon fill him. 

"abhi acha" he replies with a clever grin, and she just pushes his face away trying to hide her own laugh. 

"acha chalo, ghar jaana hai" she pulls away and turns to look at his trolley, and he follows behind her before pushing the trolley himself and she loops her arm around his. 

-

it's been two days, of pure bliss and happiness. without the dread of having to leave each other again, it would be just them close together- not confined to the square of the face time call. 

he can hear her humming from the kitchen as she's cleaning up a few plates which she insisted to do, while he's supposedly watching tv. yet his mind is somewhere else, thinking about things that should be rather easy. the both of them are dressed up since they have to leave to go meet the param for dinner. 

"ready?" she asks, as she emerges checking her reflection from a mirror on the wall. he grabs her purse for her, and she touches up a few lipstick marks around the tip of her lips. she turns to catch him staring with a look in his eyes reserved just for her, and a soft smile on his face. "kya dekh rahe ho"

"tum" he replies, wrapping his hands around her from behind and a smile grows on her face too. "param's reaching soon, we should probably make a move"  he states and he pulls away but grasps her hand his fingers fitting perfectly against hers as they walk out. 

during dinner, there's a lot of laughter, and reminscing good old times without even their main course being served yet.

"acha toh ghar dekh liya kuch" param asks, munching on a bite of his food. "apartment wagerah"

ankit gulps down his drink and casts a sideway glance towards priyanka, who already has her eyes on him, "dekh rahe hoon"

he laughs and param nods knowing that his friend would be in no rush, priyanka intervenes, "waise jaldi bhi nahi hai"

ankit turns to her and her nose is scrunched up in the slightest, it happens when she's annoyed or confused about something. "of course, jaldi bilkul nahi hai" 

she smiles at this and kicks his leg slightly under the table and he tries grabbing her arms but she moves away with a teasing smile on her facce, while param continues eating rather clueless. 

they don't talk about this till later when their in bed getting ready to sleep, ankit's practically dozing off but priyanka can't get the previous conversation out of her head since it was the first time that though came into her head. 

"anki" she lightly shakes him, and he holds her closer and hums in response. "i was thinking about what param said earlier"

"param said a lot of things" he says, eyes still closed. 

"about you finding another place" she says and now he's up. he shifts in his spot and props up against the headboard and she sits up with him. "do... you want to"

"i wanted to talk to you about this, i mean it's been on my mind for a couple of days" he tells her honestly and he can see her relax, and he understands as he himself feels better that this was something that they both felt the need to talk about. 

"i mean if you want to have your own place then we could look for places that you can live in, closeby to me" she says interwining their fingers together. 

"if i want to be with you?" he dares to ask, and as the glint of hope fills her eyes, he gains the confidence to ask his next question. "we could live together, and find a place for us. if you want it, if not then it's fine. we'll get married one day anyways"

he adds the last part with a smile aimed to lighten any further decision, and a wide smile draws itself onto her face and she slightly launches herself onto him, "yes!"

he presses a kiss on the top of her head as a motion to seal the deal. 

-

they finally found an apartment that both of them loved. it felt like their home, and so they moved in rather quickly. they spent time decorating and finding pieces of furniture for the apartment, specially curated to reflect them. 

everything was them, every corner of the place filled with love and happiness. 

-

quick drabble of their current situation. it makes me so happy to see them like this, god protect and no nazar to them.  

please  leave any form of feedback, as well as oneshot ideas some of your guys ideas really help to get me writing <333

vote and comment !