With a Bang

I was at home, just sitting around doing nothing, when my mom knocked on my door and told me, "Melo, Yuna is on the phone. It seems pretty important." I got up from my bed, and rushed down stairs and grabbed the phone from her hand.

"Hey gurrrr" Yuna says

"yoo" Tre says in the background

"Hey y'all" I say "what's up"

"So, you know the new boy who moved here, like last year? The one in our English class, with the glasses" Yuna asked.

"Ye, why" I respond

"Well, you see, Tre and I are going to a party tonight, and I invited him."

"Okay?" I say confused, but then I hear Tre yell in the background,

"And guess what Melo!"

"What" I respond.

"Deion is going to be there, and guess what, Ari is going to be there, but he doesn't know yet"

"Great." I say in sarcasm

"Exactly why you need to come" Yuna says "You can't let her have deion"

"He's not a piece of property Yuna" I say in a chuckle

"ooooo, yall talkin about Deion" my mom buts in

"MOOOOOM" I say

"You know he's been lookin for ya for a long time, he always asks me how you're doing. And he says you're cute" she says

"Ma, shut up!"

"OOOOOOO, yesssss Spill the tea miss brown" Yuna says

"No, not you too." I say

"Okay, fine, we'll talk later. So, can you go to the party? Please" Yuna begs

"Yeah sure" I respond

"YAAAAAY!" she yells

"Ok well I gotta go get ready... see you there girl" I say

"Bye gurr" she responds and hangs up.

"Mommmmm, why do you have to embarrass me" I say

"Awww, come on, he's a nice boy, and he's good looking"

"MOM!!" I say

"OK OK I'm done" she says and I rush back up to my room. I check the time and it's already 6:47pm. "Oh shit" I say under my breath and I rush to get my clothes ready. I pick out a black and white long-sleeve shirt, some ripped jeans, and my all-white J's. I head into the bathroom to do my hair, I decide to just do just spray my curls with moisturizer, and I spray my face with some cologne and head back into my room. I lay down on my bed and close my eyes. I start to fall asleep when I hear a knock at my window. My heart skips a beat and I look out of my window. It's Yuna and Tre.

"What the hell are y'all doing here?" I ask as I open the window

"We came to pick you up silly" Yuna says

"Okay, let me get my clothes, and then we can go"

"Ok, but hurry up" Yuna says

I go back over to my closet and grab my clothes and throw them out of the window and into Tre's arms, and he hands them to Yuna and she puts them in her backpack.

"Ok, let's go" I say as I climb out of the window and climb down the tree next to my house. I jump down from the last branch and land on my feet. "Woah, nice landing, you should go into track or something" Tre says, and Yuna and I start laughing. We walk to Yuna's car and get in.