It's dat Season

Deion POV:

I wake up and I look at the clock and it's 12 in the afternoon. Damn I slept for a while, I hop out of bed and I head to the bathroom. After I brush my teeth, I head downstairs. When I get downstairs I see my dad on the couch asleep. How the fuck did I end up with this bitch ass nigga for a father. Sorry cheatin ass, it's his fault my mom is like this. Between him constantly cheating and Damien getting locked up, it's like she couldn't catch a break, so it drove her to drugs. I don't get it though, why is she still with him if she knows he constantly cheats on her? She always gives me the same answer and she says "For you and your brother, I'm not stable so I rather endure the cheating until I get better than have you two taken away from me in a custody battle if I file for divorce.". Can I blame her? No. A mother's love for her children is the strongest force that drives her in live, inspires her to push forward so she can set a good example for her children. One day though, when I go pro Imma get my momma out of here, she ain't gon have to worry about me no more and I'm gon send her to rehab and she really gon get better. As for right now, lord give me a break, I don't how much more of this shit I can take. My thoughts are interrupted when I hear my phone ring, I look down and see that it's Damien calling me, I answer the phone.

"Hello" I say

"Wassup bro, where you at?"

"Home?" I say confused

"Oh ok, well I was wondering if you wanted to come to the park with me and the guys, they finna play some ball"

"Yeah sure, I'll be there in a minute." I say

"Cool, I'm already here, but I'll see ya when you get here" He says

"Ok" I say as I hang up the phone

I walk up to my room and I put on some sweats and a tank top. When I get to the park I see a familiar yet unfamiliar face on the court with my brother and the other guys, it was that dude I was arguing wit in class about poetry last week. What's his name umm...... Romeo. He transferred from St. Mary's or some shit.

"Hey guys" I say walking up

"Wassup man" Damien says

"Nothing much, you good?" I ask

"Yea I'm good man, how you feelin?" Damien asks me

"I'm good, aye bro who invited that nigga?" I ask Damien pulling him to the side

"Who Romeo? Nobody, he was just already at the court and to make the teams even we asked if he wanted to play, he said yeah." He tells me

"So he's cool?" I ask

"Yeah, he's a cool ass nigga" Damien says

"Aight, let me go meet this nigga." I say

"Cool" Damien says

I walk up to the court and I see Romeo talking to Tre and Javontae. When I get closer I can hear them laughing about something.

"What y'all boys laughin bout?" I ask

"Oh Romeo was just telling us a story about his old school." Tre says with a laugh "Yo this nigga is hilarious."

"Yeah, you should've seen him when he first came to the YM bruh, he was walking around looking like a lost ass puppy. You would've thought that it was his first day of kindergarten or some shit." Javontae laughs

"The YM?" Romeo says, obviously confused

"You know, our school? Young Magnet high school, call it the YM." Tre explains to him

"Ohhhh, my bad I'm still getting used to Y'all school." He says

"Nah, don't sweat it you cool." I say