Run Up

Melo POV:
This is crazy. I mean, Deion was an asshole, but not even he deserved to be shot. Why? Why can't niggas put down the guns for two seconds, or better yet throw them fuckin hands up. Every nigga wanna shoot but nobody wanna fight like what do niggas gain from that? Oh yeah, they get to feel like they the big bad wolf. All these niggas need to be locked up. Damn. The next day at school, everyone was talking about what happened to Deion. Me and the others get looks from everyone at school when we walk through the hallways, the same looks tey gave us after Yuna's death. The teachers even treated us differently. They didn't give us any homework, and we didn't have to take any tests. When lunchtime rolls around, we all walk in and sit down.

"Hey guys" Kennedi says as she sits down

"Hey" We all say

"SHOT PARTY AT MY PLACE" Ari laughs as she stands on a lunch table

"Girl sit the hell down" I yell

"Boy shut up, for the you get shot next" She laughs

*MURRRRSICCCCC*

There was no more talking after that. It feels like all I did was blink and when I open my eyes I see Kennedi snatch Ari off the table and start beating her ass. When I tell you from the windows to the wall, I mean it. Quickly administration separates them and they both get sent to the office. I swear I ain't never seen Kennedi like that before.

"Damn, that was crazy." Javontae says

"I ain't know she got down like that" Saniya says

"Yeah" Tre says

"Well, we have a game tonight" Javontae says

"Bro respectfully, fuck that game right now" Tavon says

"True" Tre says right behind him

Kennedi POV:

When the security leaves the office the Principal looks at us and begins to speak.

"Girls, what the hell" The principal says

"Ask her, she's the hostile one." Ari says

"Bi- girl you was the one using Deion getting shot as a theme for your party." I yell at her

"Well he is my nigga" She says

"Girl he yo nigga, the cheerleader's nigga, and every body else damn nigga, and although I'm sad he got shot, Deion is a hoe." I say as I roll my eyes "Coach, just call my momma before I pop this meatball lil bitch again."

*STOP THE MUSIC FOR NOW*

Deion POV:

I wake up to bright lights above me and the smell of sanitized air. I look around and see that I'm in a hospital room. I look to my left and I see my mom sitting on the couch sleeping. I try to sit up but I feel pain throughout my whole body.

"Ahh, what the fuck" I whisper loudly

"Oh baby, you're awake." My mom says as she walks over to me and hugs me

"Yeah, I guess I am. Where I'm at?" I ask

"You're in the hospital sweetie" She says as she starts crying

"Mom, don't cry, I'm okay" I tell her

"Okay" She says as she wipes her eyes "Your friends have been here almost every day since you were shot, I'll let them know that you're awake."

"Wait, shot?" I say with a confused look on my face "Last thing I remember was being with Damien on 24th street while he was makin a play-"

"WHAT" My mom cuts me off "You did not just say that Damien was selling weed."