Fine

(Song for whole chapter)

The funeral was packed. I was heartbroken, as was the rest of the group. My mom let me stay home all week to grieve. I still can't believe she's gone. She didn't deserve that. It's been a whole month since she died, and I still haven't left my room. I've been in my room all day, listening to music. I look out the window and it's already dark. Every time it gets dark it reminds me of that night, it's why I hate night time now. I check my phone for any missed messages, but there's nothing. I put my headphones back in and close my eyes, when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I quickly sit up, and open my eyes. It was Deion.

"Uhh hey, your mom let me in" He says

"Hey" I say "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to check on you, see how you're doing"

"I'm fine" I say

"You can talk to me"

"I know, but I'm fine"

"Melo, I wanna be there for you"

"Deion I said I'm fine ok" I snap

"Ok, I'll leave you alone, but if you ever need to talk, I'm here for you" He says as he gets up and heads out of my room. I look out my window again and watch as he walks to his car.

Deion POV:

I get in my car and drive off, heading home. If that's what you wanna call it. A cheating father, a mother who snorts every two minutes, and a brother in jail isn't exactly the best definition of home. I get home and head upstairs to my room, and flop on my bed. I lay there and think about Melo. I miss him, so much, but I understand, he's going through a rough time, and I don't wanna push him. I pull out my phone and check instagram. I see everybody been postin on they stories. I haven't posted on my story since the funeral. Then I go to look at my wallpaper, to remind me she isn't here anymore.

I have a picture of her and Melo sitting on her couch, laughing that popped up in my snapchat memories

I have a picture of her and Melo sitting on her couch, laughing that popped up in my snapchat memories. I can't imagine what Melo is feeling. I've been there before, but this time was different. I loved her like a sister, we all did. Now she's gone. I turn my phone off and roll over to fall asleep, but I can't. I look at my phone again and I notice Melo has posted on his story for the first time since she passed.

 I look at my phone again and I notice Melo has posted on his story for the first time since she passed

The caption says he's fine but I'm not buying it. I know he's hurting. We all are. But he's hurting the most. I don't care if he tells me he's fine or not, I'm gonna be there for him, no matter what. I can't stand seeing him hurt, I just want him to be happy again.

Melo POV:

I couldn't sleep after Deion left, so I just lay there. I pull out my phone and look at the picture I took of us last year, and it's one of the only pictures I have with her in it. She was so joyful, so full of life. She always knew how to bring a smile to all our faces. She was one of those people who could cheer you up whenever you were down. She always tried to make everyone around her happy, and it worked. We were all happy, until that night. That night ruined everything.