C H A P T E R 3

It was now Friday, and you had fully settled in. You had become very close with nearly all of the girls, and it felt like you had joined one big, happy family. Your English was also improving by the minute, and you were becoming more confident in your ability to speak it.

The whole team had planned to go to a party tonight, and the older girls seemed very excited about taking all of the 'freshies' to their first college party. It took a lot of persuasion to convince you to go, but eventually everyone did (mainly Paige).

The party was within walking distance from the athlete's dorms, so here you were, walking to your first ever college party. Nerves and excitement coursed through you as you got closer and closer to the house it was supposed to be at.

The thing that really made you worry though, was how drinking wasn't legal in America until the age of 21, and most of the team was underage. However, Paige assured you that she had drank at parties before and that everything would be fine.

Paige threw her arm around your shoulders as the two of you walked into the scene. Lights were flashing and music was blasting, the smell of alcohol and weed wafting through each room. Many people were smushed together, jumping up and down and dancing.

You went into the kitchen, where most of your teammates were already drinking and/or smoking. Paige laughed at something Nika had said, before having her first drink of the night, then sliding you one across the counter.

You hesitantly inspected it, before she walked behind you, encouragingly saying, "Come on Jada, it'll be fun." You sighed before shrugging and giving in, drinking it and earning a cheer from Paige and a few girls around you, making you smile.

Fast forward an hour or two, and you were very drunk. You were doubled over laughing at something stupid Aaliyah had said, before someone pulled you aside. After a moment, you recognized it to be Paige.

You giggled, throwing your arms around her and exclaiming, "Paige!" She grinned, leading you off somewhere. "Where are we going?" You asked as you stumbled through the crowd.

"To dance," she replied simply, shoving past people.

Normally, you would never have even thought about doing something like this, but you were feeling particularly confident in your drunken state. So, you followed her, dancing along to the song that was playing.

You watched Paige intently, and for whatever reason, she looked completely different. You didn't know if it was the alcohol, or seeing her have such a good time, but she looked really hot.

She soon caught on, looking down at you with a goofy smile. "What?"

For an answer, you cupped her face, pulling her down so that your lips could meet hers. She immediately reciprocated your actions, wrapping her arms around your waist and moving her lips against yours. The kiss quickly became heated, before you pulled away and hastily led Paige to the exit of the party.

"Where are we going?" She asked breathlessly, the cool night air hitting both of you.

You spun around to face her, biting your lip, "Back to our dorm, is that ok with you?" You asked, tilting your head. Her pupils dilated and her eyebrows shot up, nodding her head eagerly.