C H A P T E R 12

It was Sunday, meaning you didn't have practice or  classes. So naturally, you planned on spending the whole day with Paige in your dorm.

The two of you had decided to make pancakes, so you were standing in the kitchen, mixing the batter as Paige went to get the rest of the ingredients. Music blasted in the background and the late morning light poured in through the large window. You were both still in pajamas, having changed into super comfy clothing after the shower.

Suddenly, you felt arms wrap around your waist and you immediately knew who it was, recognizing the smell of lilacs. Paige nuzzled her head into your neck and her hands rubbed your tummy, warming your heart. You turned your face slightly to the side so that you could see her out of the corner of your eye,  smiling so hard your face hurt.

"Hi," she whispered sweetly, holding you closer to her. You only giggled in response, still mixing the batter.

"Did you get the flour?" You asked.

"Mhmm," she hummed, letting go of you to go get it, but still keeping her hand on your hip. She placed it next to the bowl of batter, and an idea crept into your mind. 

You dipped your finger in the flour, getting a little bit on the tip of it. Grinning widely, you placed a small amount of the powder on Paige's nose. Her face immediately scrunched up, and she sneezed adorably. You burst out in laughter, doubling over as she looked at you amused.

Before you knew it, your entire face was covered in flour, and it was Paige's turn to laugh. "Oh you're so dead!" You yelled, chasing her around the kitchen after she tried to get away.

Not being able to see, you blindly ran around your small dorm, trying your best not to run into anything. However, everything soon went eerily quiet and there was no sign of Paige. 

Abruptly, somebody jumped on you from behind and yelled, "Boo!" 

Yelping, you exclaimed, "Paige!" She was laughing at your reaction, hugging you from behind as she giggled. "You scared me!" You whined before laughing a little yourself.

"I'm sorry babe," she replied, resting her cheek on your shoulder and you watched the way her shiny hair fell down your arm. 

You smiled, "It's ok. But can you please help me get this off?" You asked, gesturing to the flour completely covering your face

She chuckled lightly, pecking your cheek, "Of course." Paige proceeded to clean you and the kitchen up, which was taking longer then expected because you two just couldn't seem to stop laughing.

When the pancakes were ready Paige was already sitting down, her long legs sprawled out on the L-shaped part of the couch. Coming over with two plates of pancakes and glasses of orange juice, Paige smiled and politely said, "Thank you." You nodded, going to get utensils and a few other beverages and snacks.

Once you were satisfied with the selection of food and drinks on the coffee table, you sat down next to Paige, your legs crisscrossed and her lengthy arm draped over your shoulder. 

"What do you wanna watch?" Paige inquired after grabbing the remote.

You shrugged, "Whatever you want."

"No, I want you to pick," she countered, attempting to give you the remote.

Turning down her offer, you continued to argue, "I don't want to."

She laughed exasperatedly, leaning her head back and your eyes instantly shifted to her sharp jawline. "Ok, ok," she chuckled, looking at you incredulously, "I'll pick." You grinned, happy that you had won the meaningless argument.

After she picked a TV show and both of you were done eating, you decided you were uncomfortable. So, you hesitantly laid your head on her chest and curled your legs up into a ball against her. She warmly smiled down at you, rubbing your back lovingly and leaning down to kiss your head, squeezing you tightly as she did so. You sighed contently, now feeling perfectly cozy.

Time was flying by, and before you knew it, evening was approaching. You were getting increasingly bored of the TV, and you could tell that Paige was too. She abruptly stood up, nearly knocking over all the snacks and drinks that were on the coffee table. You looked at her surprised as she placed her hands on her hips, a determined look on her face.

"What?" You laughed.

"I wanna take you on a date," she said assuredly.

"A date?" You repeated, taken aback.

She nodded excitedly, "Yes, a real- official date."

"Now?"

"Right now," she responded eagerly.

"Ok," you smiled, admiring her adorableness, "you're so cute." She looked down, her hair covering her face and you could tell that she was trying to hide herself blushing.

"Go get ready," she looked back up, and you were right, her face was bright red.

"What should I wear?"

"I don't know," she shrugged, "something nice, but not fancy."

"Where are we going anyways?"

She shook her head, suppressing a smile, "I'm not telling you," she replied teasingly. You rolled your eyes, getting up to go get ready. Paige grabbed your hand before you could walk away, spinning you into her to place a sweet kiss on your lips.